Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   Kitchens & Baths How-To
  replace sink with undermount
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

replace sink with undermount Sign In/Join 
Picture of Lillymae
posted
I have a top mount sink and want to replace it and would like under mount. My countertop is WilsonArt is this possible??

Posts: 441 | Location: SD | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
WilsonArt is a laminate right? Don't think that any laminate can be edge formed around the inside curve of a sink, to allow an undermount?

Each sink seems to have a variable "foot print", or needed cut out. And under mounted sinks are normally be installed under counters of solid surface material, like granite, quartz, concrete, corian and such.

Posts: 9595 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
"Wilsonart" is a brand name of counters manufactured in several materials. There is an acrylic solid surface version of Wilsonart similar to Corian. If this is the material you're talking about, then you may (or may not) be able to undermount a sink in it. It wouldn't be easy to retrofit that way, for sure. My undermount was affixed to the solid surface top before the counters were installed.

Posts: 4476 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lillymae:

Yes, it is possible whether your top is plastic laminate or solid surface Wilsonart. The biggest problem is going to be whether or not the new sink can have a larger footprint than your old.

Google "Karran sinks"

I am not soliciting your business, but I charge around $1,000.00 to change out a solid surface sink, sink not included.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post