Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen Sink facelift Sign In/Join 
posted
What's the best way to make my old SS sink sparkle like new?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some SS sinks have a "sanded" finish and some are smooth. A sanded finish can be redone, if you know what you are doing. There are probably store products to brighten up SS but I have never used one.

Posts: 12155 | Location: Ft Collins, CO USA | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baking soda. Dampen with a bit of water and use it to scrub with.

Posts: 1858 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was originally a matte finish, BarKeepers Friend may help.

It has some fine abrasive to it. I wouldn't use it on polished metal, myself, but I've used it on my own SS sink, and it works well.

Use gloves, though. It has oxalic acid in it.

If you have a polished sink, Simichrome works. So does NeverDull.

Regards.

Posts: 337 | Location: Chicago, where else? | Registered: Jul 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post