Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marble Counter Tops Sign In/Join 
posted
Hi .... looking for an alternative to white marble kitchen counter tops. Love the look, but they lack durability. I've read about Ceaserstone,but it has mixed reviews. Anybody have any alternatives they can share? (or thoughts on Ceaserstone) Thank you very much!

Katie

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soapstone is your best bet for a natural, matte, organic look like marble. You'll have to be happy with gray though, because it only comes in shades of gray. Personally I love Caesarstone but don't see it as an alternative to marble.It is so totally uniform and very shiny. I don't think of either of those characteristics when describing marble.

Posts: 1736 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marble is certainly in style again. Almost all quartz companies are now offering a marble look a like these days. I personally install Ceaserstone every day and love it. Silestone has some great selections that resemble marble as well.

You may want to look into the new sealers from DuPont such as the bullet series. These are the sealers that gave marble a comeback in our area. They provide long term protection, on the 15 year product the warranty is pretty impressive.

Good Luck
Jason Smith
http://www.prestigerenovation.com

Good Luck!
Jason Smith
Prestige Renovations
http://www.prestigerenovation.com

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post