Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burner on LP gas range Sign In/Join 
Picture of weakestlink
posted
I have an older GE gas range that uses LP fuel. Last week, the front burner started sputtering and I could small gas fumes. It looked like the flame was coming out around the bottom of the burner instead of the little slits around the edge.

I removed the burner assembly and cleaned out what I could reach with a nylon brush and paper towel. There was just some very fine black soot on the inside, but when I tried it again, it acted the same. I popped it out again and reversed the burner assembly so the front burner (the malfunctioning one) was in the back and it still didn't work properly, but the rear which is now the front is okay, so I know it's a problem in that particular burner,

I ordered a new burner but wanted to know what could possibly have happened to the old burner to make it malfunction. Also will the new burner work with LP gas?

Posts: 604 | Location: upstate New York, USA | Registered: Mar 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Jeff over on Handymanwire answered this a couple days ago. Something burned over without being noticed.

Posts: 7224 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post