Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   Kitchens & Baths How-To
  Double Sided Tape used as mastic for installing kitchen backsplash
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double Sided Tape used as mastic for installing kitchen backsplash Sign In/Join 
posted
I have seen a few HGTV shows that are using a double sided tape to adhere backsplash tiles to the wall instead of using a regular mastic. I believe that it can in 12 x 12 sheets, but cannot remember. I cannot find this material and need help!!! Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe it is called 'simple mat' and is carried by the big box stores.

Do an internet search under 'installing backsplash tile without thinset'. I read about it a couple of years ago and it had mixed reviews at that time.

Posts: 6956 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you plan on staying there I would take the time to install the tile in thinset. Tile is actually very easy to install once you get down some basic principals, especially wall tile.

Good Luck
Jason Smith
http://www.prestigerenovation.com

Good Luck!
Jason Smith
Prestige Renovations
http://www.prestigerenovation.com

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Metwo is right it is simple mat. It isn't widely available so keep your eyes peeled for it.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any business person cheating on the rules of a message board is sure to cheat their customers.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post