Message Boards


  • Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Need plumbing help ! Sign In/Join 
Picture of takn
The old "Accor, Flowtite" valve for the dishwasher hookup is not compatible for our new dishwasher-the builder used a quick connect crimp type, rather than a spigot valve...and has to be replumbed. We have to get the old one off, which according to youtube, you can just twist them off, but then we have to attach a connection that will allow us to hook up the dishwasher hoses and have a shutoff valve. The problem is, we have PVC pipe, w/ a very short span to work with and we need to find a coupling that will adapt to the PVC and a new valve assembly...and we need to do this w/out ruining the wall behind or having to replace the pipes. Help
Posts: 27 | Location: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Apr 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata    HGTV Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Kitchens & Baths  Hop To Forums  Kitchens & Baths How-To    Need plumbing help !