Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   Kitchens & Baths How-To
  Converting a dry sink to a wet sink
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converting a dry sink to a wet sink Sign In/Join 
Picture of Snow White
posted
I've just taken on a very ambitious project. Found a dry sink that has a copper tray insert. I would love to put a vessel sink in there and use it in the bathroom. If anyone has ever done this before, please advise. Would you just take out the copper insert and have a custom vanity top made that includes a sink? How much extra work would it be to leave the copper tray insert (cleaning)? if we did get a vessel sink?

Posts: 2267 | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can always do a whole new top but I like the idea of usng the sink as is and adding a vellel sink... you'd have a contrast of old and new...
I have copper in various places around the house.. I acid washed some, fired some and just broke the seal on others ... all unique...my grand & I made playdo the other day and did used cookie cutters... did you know that the salt and oil in (home made) playdo will change copper... I didn't... I also have copper vessel sinks...
Think about the sink you want... how wold it look nestled in that old dry sink on copper or is it better suited for a more traditional setting...
Becky

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post