HGTV Message Boards
track-hung cabinets

This topic can be found at:

Jan 29, 2013, 04:56 PM
track-hung cabinets
On many remodeling shows I have seen cabinets that are being hung by a sliding track system. The track is attached to the wall with sliding screw attachments on the track. The cabinet has open attachment areas that the slider fits over and is screwed together. The cabinet can be slid back and forth if you need to adjust the placement of the cabinet for any reason. Does anyone have any idea where you can find these kind of cabinets or attachments? Haven't been able to find them anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jan 30, 2013, 01:16 PM
I think Ikea cabinets use this mounting system but I'm not positive. The closest Ikea store is 3 hours away and I haven't been to one in over 15 years.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Apr 25, 2013, 01:13 AM