Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   Kitchens & Baths How-To
  Tub tile pieces broke off in corner - please help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tub tile pieces broke off in corner - please help! Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello, I have to re-install 2 small pieces of limestone tile that fell off of my tub/shower wall. They were adjacent to each other in the lower corner of the wall where the tub/shower spout is and the adjacent wall, and right against the top surface of the tub.

Problem is I don't see any cement backer-board behind where these pieces fell off. I only see the acrylic tub lip, with the cement backer-board sitting on top of the tub lip (the pieces broke off below the tub-lip line). Should I use thin-set mortar to adhere the broken pieces back onto the corner tub-lip walls?? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jul 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
I don't really have any advice, but it sounds like something wasn't installed correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7793 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post