Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   Landscaping
  Any Advice for Landscape Design Sketches?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Advice for Landscape Design Sketches? Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello! I'm new here and embarking on my first major landscaping project in my first backyard EVER! I had a site plan created (from MySitePlan.com which I highly recommend), and I've started using it to sketch a few ideas. Anyone have any advice for this stage in the process?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Only one thing if you are doing it by yourself...don't try to do the whole thing at one time. Just do sections until it is all done.

ETA....I don't do well with "plans", I have to visualize what I want something to look like!
Drive around your neighborhood, look through books at the library or some of those that are for sale at Lowes. Lots of ideas in both places. And there is one other thing...if you don't like your results, you can move it or change it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ga.karen,

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4830 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just used that Landscape Hero website. Found it on twitter. Check out landscapehero.com We took a photo of the front of our house and just started playing. Best part did not cost a dime to use their website!!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post