Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Murphman Sign In/Join 
Picture of M-ma
posted
Did the saplings arrive? Please tell us size, types of trees, and how you planted them.

Posts: 5940 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, So sorry for the late response I just noticed this question. The seedlings did arrive. I know the Arbor Day Foundation is doing their best but I would go to a nursery in the future for trees, boxwoods, etc. I can not wait for spring to arrive. New Jersey winters are so long ..We don't see the sun hear til April...

Posts: 129 | Registered: Dec 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:
Hello, So sorry for the late response I just noticed this question. The seedlings did arrive. I know the Arbor Day Foundation is doing their best but I would go to a nursery in the future for trees, boxwoods, etc. I can not wait for spring to arrive. New Jersey winters are so long ..We don't see the sun hear til April...

Sounds like yours was as pathetic as the ones I got! If they don't live, send them an email for replacements...I did! But I still just got tiny little sticks!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4960 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-ma
posted Hide Post
And this is a tough winter everywhere.
I hope you protected your sticks from the heavy snows and winds and cold. If half prosper, you're ahead.

Posts: 5940 | Location: western PA | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what anyone would expect when they send away for 10 trees for $10.00 but I did not expect to get, via mail order, full grown trees, or even saplings. Rooted twigs would be about what I would expect and that is what I got.

The sign of a good gardener is not a green thumb, it is brown knees.

Posts: 8175 | Location: Twin Lake, MI USA | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
That's fine if the "twigs" have enough roots to survive. The ones I got did not!
And if someone is advertising them, I expect to at least get something that will live! "Twigs" I can deal with, but dead twigs are a waste of both their time & mine!

ETA...it also makes me NOT want to support their cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4960 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post