HGTV Message Boards
Tiger Lily roots damaging?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1974011632/m/9573969077

Jun 01, 2013, 08:53 AM
Ben410
Tiger Lily roots damaging?
I bought about 12 Tiger Lily bulbs from an online nursery, and am not sure about where to place them. I want them to cover the PVC sewage pipe that's visible in my front yard. Should I be worried about the roots doing damage to the outdoor plumbing? Do I need to worry about how far I plant the bulbs from the PVC pipe? I am guessing the roots wouldn't be strong enough (like tree roots) to lift or move it, but I just need to be sure. If anyone knows or has any suggestions about planting them, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Jun 01, 2013, 03:20 PM
ga.karen
All the ones I've dug up in the past didn't have that extensive a root system. Don't think I would worry too much about underground plumbing.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion
Jun 01, 2013, 04:15 PM
mgt
I agree. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."
Jun 02, 2013, 10:39 AM
Loonie
Tiger, tiger, growing right
by the roadside day and night
here today, gone tomorrow.
orangy bright, no more sorrow

This hemerocallis can be seen on highways and byways and many placed into gardens come from the wild.
Since they can be moved, even while in flower, they are one of the easiest to transplant since they have such a shallow root system.
Hardly able to damage anything.
Jun 04, 2013, 10:38 PM
Ben410
Thank you, all three of you, for your advice. I am much more relaxed now about it.