Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   Landscaping
  weed and feed ????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

weed and feed ???? Sign In/Join 
posted
double post sorry

This message has been edited. Last edited by: perplexed,

Posts: 864 | Registered: Mar 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perplexed:
I live in hot humid south Ms and my new lawn may have either Oxalis or spurge grass and I know clover for sure
I was told to get weed and feed but on scotts site there are so many, my neighbor said get a liquid, I found this on line Ortho® Weed-B-Gon® Chickweed, Clover and Oxalis Killer but not sure if my walmart carries it or not and not sure what it is but clover. is there anything that kills everything in a liquid that won't burn our yard?

Thanks so much!

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Weed & Feed at TSC...Tractor Supply Co. in a 2 1/2 gal. sz....runs around $50, but be prepared to mow a LOT after applying it.
Apply it with a hose end sprayer that has the dial for oz. per gallon of water settings.

Call your local store to see if they have it in stock, not all stores keep it on the shelf & may have to order it.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5156 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Weed B Gone is a good weed killer...no fertilizer in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7871 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you both!

posted Hide Post
O.k.. I can't afford the 50.00 stuff, what weed and feed (liquid) does walmart carry that won't kill or burn centipede grass.

Thanks!

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perplexed:
O.k.. I can't afford the 50.00 stuff, what weed and feed (liquid) does walmart carry that won't kill or burn centipede grass.

Thanks!

Our walmart doesn't have anything. Read EACH label to see what they say.

Do you have a friend or neighbor who might split the cost of the weed & feed? Or maybe even a couple of friends??

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5156 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to add something else.
PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT get 2-4,D! That stuff can be really dangerous to you & any animals that come into contact with it....or kids!

posted Hide Post
2,4, D is bad but how bad depends on what it is mixed with. Most all home owner available "weed" killers contain 2,4, D as well as other things such as Dicambra. Many people object to 2,4, D because they remember that it was part of Agent Orange, a mixture of several poisons, that worked together to create something much more toxic then any of the parts were.
To get that picture perfect lawn many people expend very large amounts of time, energy, and money to get a monoculture that is not natural and are helping to destroy this planet we live on.

The sign of a good gardener is not a green thumb, it is brown knees.

Posts: 8191 | Location: Twin Lake, MI USA | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand. I have centipede and don't won't to kill it. I read a lot of the bottles/jugs last week and they say do not use on centipede.

Thanks again for the help!