Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   Landscaping
  how to obtain landscaping designer contact info for southern missouri
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to obtain landscaping designer contact info for southern missouri Sign In/Join 
posted
I am trying obtain some good contacts for obtaining landscaping design help for an extensive English garden concept to cover acres. Problem is land is located in southern Missouri (Hunter) well away from any larger cities (2.5 hours south of St.Louis). Any ideas? The much

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Loonie
posted Hide Post
That's one of the problems of rural living....the trades people would rather work in the larger metropolitan areas where jobs are better available.
But surely there are contractors from Evansville, Louisville or Memphis that might think travelling to your community would pay.
I realize these communities are out of state, but if they are licensed in Kentucky or Tennessee, there should be no obstacle to working in Missouri.
I suggest you get in touch with your STATE extension services (the numbers in the phone book under 'state government')
Perhaps, someone in the service of conservation areas such as Amidon could assist you in finding a contractor.

In any case, whoever you find, be sure to get multiple estimates and never pay up-front for work not yet done.

Posts: 458 | Registered: Mar 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aren' t you close to Poplar Bluffs? I believe they have some nurserys and one may be able to help you. Sometimes the smaller ones know your area better and have some very skilled people.

Posts: 6741 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post