Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   Landscaping
  Do You Have a Desperate Yard?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Do You Have a Desperate Yard? Sign In/Join 
Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted
You could win landscaping tips from our sister network DIY's Jason Cameron or even a landscape makeover!

Upload a video or photos now!

HGTV Admin

Picture of old Karen
posted Hide Post
How big a yard will they do? Mine is 5 acres! Big Grin

If I learned something today, the day wasn't a waste!

Posts: 4374 | Location: Moultrie, Ga., zone 8a/b - climate zone 28/31 | Registered: Aug 18, 2007Report This Post
Picture of old Karen
posted Hide Post
You don't pay any attention to what we want/like, why should we participate in your junk????????????? Confused

If I learned something today, the day wasn't a waste!

Posts: 4374 | Location: Moultrie, Ga., zone 8a/b - climate zone 28/31 | Registered: Aug 18, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old Karen:
You don't pay any attention to what we want/like, why should we participate in your junk????????????? Confused

Exactly!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7821 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Who wants a rip and tear project done on there yard???...I don't!!!
I want good garden shows to watch and will work and improve my yard myself.

------------------------------------------------

posted Hide Post
The tips and pictures show me exactly how and why I've got the best lawn in the neighborhood and why its been like that for many years.
Its nice to know the experts do it as well.

As far as the offers, since they are aimed at U.S. participants, nevertheless the tips are genuinely appreciated.

Posts: 628 | Location: Severn River | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Didn't you move recently?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7821 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm new here so I'm going to see if this posts right.

posted Hide Post
newby here

posted Hide Post
Does anybody know any other shows that do hardscapes/landscapes other than the DIY with Jason Cameron? My husband and are are going to landscape our backyard in a month or two and if possible I want to surprise my hubby by having HGTV help us out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geri_Metz,

posted Hide Post
HI I have a very desperate yard in the hills of San Francisco. The weather can be quite frisky and the little soil on a rock. Really don't feel earthquakes.

My page is called Martha's Garden. Need doble wide wlakway for walker and platforom space for yoga with meandering area. The space is about 25 x 125 hugh space. Needs refinement..

Posts: 2 | Location: San Francisco, Ca | Registered: Apr 18, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well,we have a cr*ppy yard but I guess we are desperate...why,are you going to help us?

Posts: 725 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of meagansmom
posted Hide Post
My yard is desperate for sure. I see in my head what I want but when I try to plant it, it looks nothing like I wanted!

Kind of like my singing, I hear it in my head like it should be but it surely doesn't come out that way!

Posts: 251 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Mar 13, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We recently purchased a home last October on .24 acres. I want to be able to use more of my back yard, but it is mostly on a hill. We have thought about trying to even it out or put steps,etc. We want my 2 yr old to be able to run and plan and not worry about her falling. Any Ideas would be so helpful. Thanks in advance.

quote:
Originally posted by HGTVAdmin:
You could win landscaping tips from our sister network DIY's Jason Cameron or even a landscape makeover!

Upload a video or photos now!

posted Hide Post
Our home sits int eh middle of a cul de sac and about 70' of frontage that is flat, square and boring. We are in need of advise because we are stumped.

posted Hide Post
We feel the same way about our yard. I will check your pictures out soon. We saw a picutre with baby tears covering the ground and mounts with flowers. So I am going to check it out.

Posts: 2 | Location: San Francisco, Ca | Registered: Apr 18, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, I have a desperate yard and I onnly have 18 days to get it together. I so need Landscaper's Challenge execs!

Read about it here and you can also see some pics! http://www.cocobunga.com/cocob...where-are-you-1.html

Wish me luck!

Lynn Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: realtormom,

Posts: 29 | Location: Jenkintown, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 20, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
its not mine but i drive by it and think of the curb appeal show. every house on this street has beautiful landscape accept the first one when u turn on the road if your show is ever in the wallingford, ct area there is a house on mansion rd in need of your help. i dont know who lives there, if they rent or own i just know the house doesnt live up to the name of the street it sits on.

posted Hide Post
I put an ingound pool in last year and have to redo the whole yard (what's left of it), lawn, plants, everything. Have been trying to find non-deciduous plants for zone 5 that are not coniferous. I could use some help, you betcha!

Posts: 1 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: May 28, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to think my backyard is desperate. We live in the Central U.S. Before I lived here the house was vacante for a very long time. An ice storm hit this area. We have lots of trees and are constancely picking limbs up. There is no kind of landscaping here yet, as to we have such an odd arrangement, we don't even know what to do and it takes time and money.

posted Hide Post
We have a huge hill that is at a 45 degree angle in back of our house. We are trying to figure out what to do with this. It is very difficult to mow or keep watered. We would like to try something that wouldn't require too much mowing. Any suggestions?

posted Hide Post
I clicked on the link but nothing was there. I guess they have enough desperate yards.

Mine sat under water for 3 days, as did the house. Now I have to rebuild and replant all over again. Frown

http://news.webshots.com/album/577703647AUHgSk

---------------------------------------------

Posts: 253 | Location: Nashville Music City USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2003Report This Post