Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   Landscaping
  Stepping stones
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stepping stones Sign In/Join 
posted
Hubby finally cleaned the over grown grass away from our stepping stones. They originally had pea gravel around them, now I want to have grass around them. Should I remove what's left of the gravel before I fill in with dirt and plant grass seed? Thanks

Posts: 551 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
I would just for safety reasons. A lawnmower can pick up stones that we don't see...and throw them quite a ways.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4322 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before planting grass seeds remove the gravel, it can help the grass seeds to rise around the stepping stone.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post