Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Remodeling
Hop To Forums   Outdoor Projects
  paint door with hammered paint
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

paint door with hammered paint Sign In/Join 
posted
I have a Oak and and glass design front door and sidelights, The kind that is made like stained glass only clear glass, and shutters not made of wood. I was thinking of painting it with the rustoleum hammered copper or bronze type paint. Has anyone seen or tried this? Any thoughts?

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I love that paint. But have only used it on metal objects. Not sure it would hold up successfully on wood, fiberglass or other surface? Especially a door that is exposed to weather extremes.

Might contact the Rustoleum website and ask your question. Be sure to tell them what the door surface is made of. A primer would also be needed, I am assuming. I have gotten good results by asking them via phone or email about their products, usually within a day or two..

Posts: 9663 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post