Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new deck paint? Sign In/Join 
Picture of sjf
posted
anyone try that new deck paint? it's really thick and you roll it on? supposed to be a temp fix for older decks...

Posts: 8479 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Although I have not seen it done, I have heard it is sort of an expensive/thick/goopy mess to apply?
Temporary is temporary, so I would look into replacing any decking surface and compare the cost, should you only gain a year or two of life out of the deck resurfacing paint.

Posts: 9428 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the one called something like restore? Goes on quite thick and supposedly covers cracks inboards? I've have read good reports on it but nothing about how long it lasts. I would be tempted to use it if for some reason I could not replace the deck but wanted to keep it useable.

Posts: 6719 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info..it would be a temp fix for us...need a new car over a new deck, lol...

Posts: 8479 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post