Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Balcony Roof Sign In/Join 
posted
I have a older home about late 1800 it has a balcony from the master bedroom that covers a porch below. The area is about 15 x 20. I have some rooting of the structure in one section at the edge near 2’ x 4’. Presently it is covered with roll roofing material. I don’t believe the material will stand up to walking and furniture since I am unable to find a replacement that will. I am looking for ideals and suggestions on material that can be used in this way.
Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
There is a heavy rubberized, rolled roofing that is often used for these applications. I believe you are best to procure this through a licensed roofer or construction contractor? Comes in different colors too.

Posts: 9630 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post