Our Yacht Club had a lot of damage from Issac.
We need some ideas-inexpensive, to re-do our outdoor bar/snack area that can be remove. Maybe bolted to the slab and carried in pieces????
Or if not too expensive, pour a slab bar that won't wash away?
Welcome to the boards. You're a little light on the details so I don't have much to go on, other than to ask questions:
1. Access to the site, is it only by boat or can vehicles get there?
2. Is all the land in a flood plain? If so, how high would you need to go to get out of the flood plain?
3. If you raised the structure for your outdoor bar/snack area could it be a permanent structure?
4. If mobile structure could you be sure to get in to get it out when the next hurricane is bearing down on your location?
5. Are you dealing with tidal surge or just flood water?
6. Location wouldn't hurt.
Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.
My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
|Powered by Social Strata|