Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  UPDATED W/ROOM PICS...What do you think of this daybed? PIC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATED W/ROOM PICS...What do you think of this daybed? PIC Sign In/Join 
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Hi Always,

Just got back over to peek in on your progress. I like the bed there as it does allow more room it seems.

Could the TV be wall mounted? I would move the bookshelf over into the corner where TV is now. Mount TV on wall. Then add the dresser. Or simply use the dresser and still put the TV on wall above it.

The other option is to turn the bed (again) and put the HB on wall with window. Then move bookcase to wall and TV. That might work to see TV from bed. The current TV table could be the night stand with a lamp and accessories.

You could even use the bookcase right next to the bed (current position) and use as a night stand.

Lots of options for the room.

Are you re-hanging the picture board?

If she wants to sit on the bed and use it like a day bed just add the large bolster cushions for the long side.

Good luck and have fun!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9313 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wendek
posted Hide Post
Some Ideas...

you could hang the curtains she wants and get a few more and hang them in front of the closet/armoire, so the corner of the room is blue curtains.. that would make it feel cozy.

And plenty of pillows along the back of the bed will make it look like a day bed and some big pillows on the floor, with a colorful round rug. Smile

Posts: 4337 | Location: SF | Registered: Feb 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
I will try turning the bed with the HB on the window wall and see how much space it takes of the open space. I was thining the same thing about the tv viewing with the bed turned sideways.

Right now it's mostly iphone/ipad/homework time use in her room. But I do want her to be comfortable when she watches tv.

My plan is get a new dresser and bookselves of some sort. So that bookself pictured probably wont stay.

Definately will need more picture board(s) on the wall or somewhere in the room.

I would also like her to have a desk/vanity area but don't want everything piled on top of it...if that makes any sense.

Posts: 9425 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wendek:
Some Ideas...

you could hang the curtains she wants and get a few more and hang them in front of the closet/armoire, so the corner of the room is blue curtains.. that would make it feel cozy.

And plenty of pillows along the back of the bed will make it look like a day bed and some big pillows on the floor, with a colorful round rug. Smile

My plan is to get taller closets eventually and just using curtains/fabric to cover the closet opening, unless I were to find some used with doors already. But the cheapest way if I have to buy the closet boxes new, is to use curtains or fabric to cover the opening. My plan it to work on her furniture first and closets later, unless a great deal pops up on craigslist.

Posts: 9425 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post