Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  OT MY BOOT...look like CL boots...! (chuckle)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT MY BOOT...look like CL boots...! (chuckle) Sign In/Join 
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted
So on CL these Motocross boots came up on General for sale by owner. I cringed... LOL

I have had a Medical brace BOOT (photo in following reply post) on my right foot for 6 weeks and this past week the doctor extended the BOOT for 4 more weeks with added brace. Frown I am having tendon issues.

So, when I looked at Craigslist this AM I had to chuckle AND cringe when I saw these boots! LOL

I wonder if those motocross CL boots weigh as much as my BOOT? LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

motocross boots

Posts: 9528 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
MY Paraphernalia gear NOW! The doctor added the night brace...

my braces

Posts: 9528 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry that you are still having problems, Mary Ruth. I know you must want to be boot-free as soon as possible. That is funny, though, how similar the motocross boot is in appearance to the medical boot.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All that equipment kinda puts a damper on any after hours activities Mary Ruth Smile

Posts: 3054 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry you have having issues!

Those medical boots are soooo heavy. And tendons take sooooo long to heal.

Those boots on CL remind me of moonwalking boots. Smile

Posts: 4406 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Gracie,
I KNOW, S...L...O...W to heal, I do walk around, the laundry, cooking, and cleaning up after DH is keeping me busy. I have gone food shopping with him, but he drops me off at the door and I use the electric cart, that helps me to get out and not feel so shut-in.

mamaspoon,
I take the boot OFF when not doing much, I can put the splint on to hold my foot and watch a few movies and read a bit. Sitting at the computer for a little bit encourages me too, but can't sit too long. So, when resting I do not have the boot all strapped up, makes me feel 'free-er' than just always lugging it around. It rocks a bit, like heel to toe rock, I have learned the rhythm of it and do my little 'Boot dance for DH'! LOL we get a good laugh while I get crazy! LOL (not too much but enough to get rid of boredom)

Indexlady,
Moonwalking boots! LOL I would love to be 1/6 of my weight too! LOL That would be great therapy for people with tendon issues maybe... so the gravity pressure would be released for a while... like when they did the traction on my neck and Thoracic back in Therapy. hummmm you might have invented something here!

Thanks for your KIND and supportive words, means a lot to me. I am a survivor and know how to get through this, BUT adding that 4 weeks more was a bit much... AND Cataract surgery on Thurs for first eye... Sigh....

I have always been very active, so this restlessness I am gathering up... is going to explode! LOL The next project I do will be AWESOME for me with my new-found freedom!!! LOL

I whine now and then, but the pain has subsided much and that helps my attitude and spirit!

whine...

Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
If you want to be fashionable, there is a place on the Internet called Cast Coverz. I ordered from there when I had my ordeal, and I really enjoyed using the products for a special event I attended.

But, they have protective covers, as well, if needed.

I tried their website, but my computer is too tired and needs rebooting. (No pun intended!).

Posts: 4406 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Indexlady,
Thanks for that suggestion! Loved the 'pun'!

posted Hide Post
Mary Ruth- I'm glad you are still able to do a booty dance. (oops, did I say that?... sorry, couldn't resist and thought it would make you laugh)Smile I'll be thinking of you this week and I hope your surgery goes well.
Jeanie

Posts: 419 | Location: Illinois | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
OMG! oojeanie! LOL how FUNNY!
I should re-read my posts, I give myself away sometimes don't I? I just told DH and we laughed! Thank you Jeanie! How sweet to think of me! Smile

posted Hide Post
Good luck with all the medical issues.

When I had a broken ankle, after the hard cast, wore a similar boot. Slept in it for awhile, too.

Do take care of yourself.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6173 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Thank you Strings! Very nice to leave me such a nice message! Smile