Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Signature Hardware customers out there?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signature Hardware customers out there? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Froo Froo
posted
Curious if anyone here has ever ordered from Signature Hardware? I would be interested in your feedback. I have discovered that a tub I selected but have yet to order is almost half the cost of the price we were quoted from a local bath supply. I have found some reviews on-line and for the most part are favorable, but some comments have me concerned. BTW, it appears they have a modest restocking fee of 10 percent, but otherwise I don't know what is involved should I need to return the acrylic tub.

Posts: 18381 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have ordered a few things from them and been happy with the products.

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Good to know and thanks. We are still weighing if twice the price dealing with a local bath supply will bring a greater degree of piece of mind than dealing with SH as a first time customer though their price reduction is extremely enticing on the very same bathtub. Dang!

Posts: 18381 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the shipping price? A bathtub is not an easy item to return.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I agree. BTW, the shipping is free, if memory serves.

posted Hide Post
If you have already seen the bathtub why would you be hesitant to order? The only risk is if it comes to you damaged, and if it did they would replace it.

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
That's precisely my concern. I have to learn what's involved in this case. Btw, I have not seen this tub on the showroom floor, but rather on-line and a print out from a catalog. I simply want to avoid any potential hassle with their customer service department should issues arise. Some of the negative comments under a review site had to do with less than favorable company resolutions. Granted, the majority of feedback was excellent or very good. I also realize that I will not be guaranteed of a smooth experience via the local bath shop's order either.

Picture of out on a limb
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to see the tub in real life before ordering it? I am a control freak and I own that, accept it, and have to deal w/ it!! LOL!!

~~~becca~~~~

Posts: 5532 | Location: dayton ohio | Registered: Jul 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I don't know of a local place that would have this tub in their showroom. I too prefer to see merchandise in person, but sometimes it is not possible. It's a scary proposition when the item is costly. I will do further research to try to find it locally even if it is another size.

Picture of Signature Hardware
posted Hide Post
Hi, this is Sean with Signature Hardware. Depending on where you are located, we do have a showroom in Erlanger, KY, where you can view and even sit in any tub we have in stock. We also have customer support reps and plumbers available by phone at 1-866-855-2284 to help with any questions you may have about the tub.

Thanks for considering us and please let me know if I can be of any help.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Huh??? Where did YOU come from?!

Sorry gang. I did not contact SH and invite them here. Very spooky indeed and even a tad desperate. That being said, they are within rights to defend their co. But doing so in this manor is questionable. Since they or someone here directed them to this thread, I must state that I am more than reluctant to place an order especially on an item that could result in headaches and possibly a costly shipment back, assuming I had good reason and followed they/your guidelines. Too many complaints regarding inferior products, a "difficult" customer service experience, failure to get a refund even when following co. guidelines, etc. are turning up all over the Net. I would rather deal with a local source, thank you. BTW, it must be noted in fairness that there were positive experiences reported, but still enough negative feedback to give me pause. Frankly, this SH topic is resolved. I received the necessary feedback to make my decision. Case closed...I hope.

posted Hide Post
I think you are being a little hard on this company. It appears to me this representative is trying to provide you an opportunity to have your questions and concerns answered. Yes, they are selling products, but I don't read anything into this post that makes it look like they are spamming this board.

Again I will say, we have ordered from them before and had excellent results. I am planning to order several things from them late this summer for a design customer's remodel. If you are not comfortable buying things online, then you shouldn't. I understand your misgivings, many people feel the same way. I've been doing business online for so many years that I sometimes forget that many people need to see things IRL before they buy. You are the one spending the money, so you should do what you feel is best for yourself.

posted Hide Post
I would think that most companies have a search engine which will ferret out any comments or information on their products so I don't think it unusual that a company would inform the poster of his showroom in Erlanger, KY.

Posts: 1125 | Registered: Jan 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
At ease people. I have already gotten my answer from their rep. I don't intend to order a large, heavy item like a bathtub from a company with questionable return policy should I find a defect or shipping damage.

Glad you are a satisfied repeat customer, Susan. My research indicates that a good amount of people had issues with product quality to customer service. I prefer to deal with local vendors for those reasons.

As far as being too hard on their company rep it was not my intent but I was simply caught by surprise. I had already visited their Web site prior to posting and knew of their contact number as well as return policy, etc. so I felt it overkill to respond to my post from the rep. Having said that I am fully aware that their response to my inquiry was good biz practice and this is after all a public forum. I guess I inadvertently offered them a way to get around the no advertising rule. Wink