Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May Day TS Sign In/Join 
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted
May 1 and it has been snowing ALL DAY! Eek

So, I set a table to cheer myself up.

I used my "new" Johnson Bros. Olde English Countryside dishes. I bought the 20 pc. set at GdWl for $10.99 - 20% discount = $8.79!!

Since May Day was originally an old European spring celebration, the dishes seemed appropriate.

Happy May Day,
Candy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Christmas Candy,

Posts: 1245 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Close up of the pattern:

Except for the "May Pole" candlestick and the ribbons, EVERYTHING else is a thrift store treasure.

We really need the moisture, but snow 4 weeks in a row!! I'm so over it!!

Even though it does melt in a day or two, it's
supposed to set a record low temp. tonight!

I'm so ready for green grass and flowers Smile

Candy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Christmas Candy,

Posts: 1245 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always enjoy seeing your table settings. thanks for sharing.

You have terrific luck finding dishes. Seems when I stop in a TS, all I find are in poor condition and not in sets.

Sorry you are still dealing with snow. Hope sping finds you soon.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6173 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Lovely tablescapes. Hopefully Spring will arrive not only in your heart and home, but outside your door. Hang in there and keep the spirit of the season alive.

Posts: 18392 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
GREAT way to start MAY!

BEAUTIFUL!

I can't believe you said 'SNOW'!!!

Posts: 9530 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
pretty plates and table scape- great deal for sure~!

say NO to SNOW lol

Posts: 9975 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Hi Candy,

Love your May scape. The perfect idea to ease your mind from all the snow. You score the best finds with the dishes. Wouldn't you love to know the person that donates them?

Stay Warm!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a pretty table setting. I love the combination of the browns with blue for spring.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strings, I frequent a large # of different TS's as I travel for my work, so it increases my odds, LOL

Froo, It was 80 degrees on Monday, an then we got 8" of snow on Wed!! It has almost all melted now and it is supposed to be in the 60's this weekend. Spring in Colorado is interesting to say the least Roll Eyes

MR, Our snow storm is supposed to hit the Kentucky Derby and really rain on their parade! I hope they have lots of umbrellas to protect the ladies hats, LOL

Sonny D, Since we have been enduring a several years drought, we needed the moisture and snow melts and soaks in and much of rain would be lost to runoff, so it actually was a good thing. It is just not really what I wanted to see on May 1!!

BR, I hope the person who donated them would be glad I am enjoying them Big Grin

Gracie, the tablecloth, napkins, and candles are actually shades of greens. My camera and my photography skills don't always do justice to the subject.

Annie, thanks for the bump.

We're headed for the mid 50's today and most of the snow is gone.
Candy

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Very Pretty! Love the dish pattern.

Snowing on May 1st?? It's going to be a short growing season up there this year.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
aww I understand now CC.. yes, yea for ya'll getting the moisture. here in nc we have also had a few dry years and 100 temps in summer which really diminishes our water reserves.

enjoy your new dishes~!

Posts: 9975 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post