Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  OT - DIY NETWORK QUESTION
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT - DIY NETWORK QUESTION Sign In/Join 
Picture of annie17
posted
I am switching from cable to satellite tv and wondering if DIY is worth going with a more expensive package to get it?

Anyone have it and like it? Are there decorating shows? Thanks.

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Is it not part of a standard package? Along with hgtv?

What satellite provider are you going with?

We have diy, but don't watch it much, so unless there are other channels in the package that you do want, I wouldn't pay extra.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: junk collector,

Posts: 2966 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I am looking at packages from both Direct Tv and Dish Tv. DIY channel seems to be in the higher price packages from both companies.

I should peek at their tv schedule.

Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
We have direct tv. The nice thing is that if you want to add channels, it is easy peasey and you can do it online. Instantly added. To cancel a channel though you must call and speak to someone.

Posts: 2966 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have DIY and I watch it more than I do HGTV these days, but I wouldn't pay extra for it. I like I Hate My Kitchen, but there are no real decorating shows and I'm not much into watching people do their own renovations. So, I'd vote no.

Posts: 3241 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
junk collector, I am leaning toward direct tv, it would be nice to add channels.

sms29s66, I am not interested in reno either. I was hoping for some decorating shows.

Thanks to you both!!