Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Traverse Rods and tailored drapes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traverse Rods and tailored drapes Sign In/Join 
Picture of Indexlady
posted
Where can these be purchased?

Apparently, I'm looking in all the wrong places. Would prefer a local store (live in Knoxville, TN, so many chains available).

Posts: 4404 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
If you do a Google search for Knoxville and you will come up with stores like Home Depot and Walmart as two places listed they carry them. And places sell them online.

Good luck with your search!

Posts: 9526 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Here you go.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/traverse-rods

More rods here.

http://www.homedepot.com/webap...tedCatgry=Search+All

More options here.

http://www.continentalwindowfa...se-Curtain-Rods.html

Some decorative rods here.

http://www.smithandnoble.com/c...ng-track-collections

I like to choose the fabric and have a local seamstress make the pleated panels.

Hope you find the prefect solution!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9318 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I am going to check into these links and stores.

My aunt (in Ohio) can't find them either, so I think we simply are not recognizing what we are seeing.

Thank you, Mary Ruth and Beau's Rose!!!

Posts: 4404 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
The stores seem to be offering other styles now as "trends" change. I still like the classic pinch pleats though.

A few more here.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom...=cat100260213&N=1503

You can also buy panels and stitch in the pinch pleats. It is straight stitching and just takes a bit of planning. A typical 54" wide decor fabric pleats down to about 25" wide. My panels have 5 pleats.

A How-To for you that I use.

http://www.rowleycompany.com/p...-Drapery-Pleats.asp?

Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
Beau's Rose, THANK YOU! Those JCP pinch pleat drapes are perfect--especially loved the sheer voile. They soften a window without blocking any light. We have miniblinds for privacy and those are perfect for softening the window!

And, in other areas of the house, that tutorial is excellent. I have access to some wonderful fabric mill outlets. I'll be able to sew my own.

I've made them in the past, but that was in Home Ec in high school. Remember them being easy, and that's it.

I feel so eager to start looking and sewing. Doing a happy dance!

Thank you so much!!!

Picture of OverTheRainbow
posted Hide Post
They are very hard to find these days. I needed new curtains fast, because I ruined the old ones I had by washing them (the white thermal backing just disintegrated when I washed them).

I found mine online through JC Penneys, but really the choices are slim. I wanted pinch pleats plus a matching valance, and there just wasn't much to pick from. Replaced them just before Christmas, and Penney's online was all I came up with. In the store they had alot of the current trend with the gromments, but that is just not my look.

Beau's Rose.... I also thought about your suggestion too before buying mine. It would be a little work, but if you can find panels you love, it's a good option. Will still consider that for the future.

Posts: 51 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Jun 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
quote:
alot of the current trend with the gromments

That's exactly what I'm finding in stores, too.

I have to get a swatch sent, but this is the fabric I'm looking to get to make panels and my own pinch pleats to hang on traverse rods instead of the clips.
Edited for typos

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Indexlady,

posted Hide Post
www.draperyrodsdirect.com sells Kirsch traverse rods @ 20 % off.

Posts: 1734 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Charles D!

Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
If you do an online search of HD you can find out which stores in your area have them in stock. Here is a picture of a search I did for you as an example.

jpg

Posts: 2641 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Still Tryin. I haven't ventured beyond the HD closest to me--which is out of stock. I forgot they all carry different stuff and I should explore other stores--online!!

Thanks!

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
You are Welcome!

Love that fabric you have chosen.

Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
found thid site while searching drapery tape..

http://www.ehow.com/how_502491...s-pleating-tape.html

Posts: 8479 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sjf. I'd forgotten about that special tape. I'll look into that option, too.