Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wallflowers..... Sign In/Join 
Picture of junk collector
posted
I picked up a couple of these humble egg baskets weeks ago and wanted to use in my kitchen. Today I picked up the clear sticky type command hooks and turned the baskets into "Wallflowers".

How about you? Any sweet but humble pieces lying around waiting for their turn to shine? Please share!

Posts: 3271 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the other - I'll have to get some dried florals for the inside/bottoms.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: junk collector,

Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Love those...they look like flowers!

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great idea- they look lovely on your tile.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Back in my antique selling days these were quite valuable.

Posts: 12626 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
JC, Those are such a cute idea. Nice way to hang things on the tile BS too. Love your tile design.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9438 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm actually using the larger basket to contain the phone and ipod chargers! LOL - It works! Especially as it still folds shut. The other is difficult to move, so it is display only.

LOS - I think I paid maybe five or six bucks each at the flea, but today I saw several at the antique store and each was 20 - 30. They are quite charming, but whew! That was too high a price for my wallet! I bought 2 old rings instead Wink

The clear command hooks have really impressed me too. Can't see it, no drilling or damage, and just the right size.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: junk collector,

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
That's a great idea to use the egg baskets that way!

quote:
Originally posted by junk collector:
How about you? Any sweet but humble pieces lying around waiting for their turn to shine? Please share!

I have done very little in my house recently as have been focusing on other things. Hope others post inspiration tho as with fall and winter coming I will think about my house interior more.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12734 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post