Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Merry Christmas from my house to yours!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Christmas from my house to yours!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted
I took a few pictures of the house lit up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The soldiers on the sidelights were a present from my DB & DSIL this year.

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Christmas,
Candy

Posts: 1330 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Candy, very lovely. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to you!!

Posts: 3162 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Candy,

Beautiful decorations and lights too! You must have lots of elves to help with those high areas. Enjoy your Christmas and Happy Birthday too!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9512 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!

Very nice outside decorating. Love the area at the door.

Thanks for sharing.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6376 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
I hope you got everything you wanted on this special day.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Posts: 4167 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady
posted Hide Post
I'm late, but want to say how very beautiful your home is decked out in all it's Christmas finery. I love it. I imagine people truly enjoy visiting your home during the holidays.

Posts: 9012 | Registered: Jul 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
Mamaspoon, thank you. The day was lovely and I had a very Happy Birthday. My DH bought me a new driver and we have already played 2 rounds of golf so I have been trying it out. So far, so good. LOL

Beau's Rose, Thank you and thank you for the birthday wishes as well.
The only elf that works around here is me!! That is why I do the outside before Thanksgiving as the inside takes all my time after Thanksgiving!
(Although I do have a Mark Roberts fairy that is helping decorate the living room tree. I hung him on fish line and he is holding some of the tinsel garland that is draping on the tree,LOL)

Strings, thank you. The colored trees left of the front door are a new addition this year as are the toy soldiers on the sidelights.

aychihuahua and Nitalynn, I had a wonderful holiday season with my DD's and their families, and my DM. I couldn't ask for anything more!!

Cookie day at Grandmas's was fabulous! We all had our Santa aprons on, (except for the 5 yr. old DGS who would only wear his blue junior chef apron, LOL) the Christmas music was blaring, none of the cookies burned, some of the decors actually made it onto the cookies, and everyone was dancing, decorating and baking cookies!!

The family Christmas celebration on the 21st had 18 people here, total chaos, wrapping paper everywhere, the food was delicious, and the DGK's ended up the night playing Heads Up with the smart phone and having a hilarious time.

Brunch on the 25th with youngest DD and her family and my DM, then an afternoon visit to oldest DD's house to see what Santa brought the DGK's there. It was a wonderful holiday!

Paintlady, we always have a good turnout for our Open House and everyone enjoys all of the decorations.

I have finally been able to sit down. We just had some friends from our old neighborhood over this afternoon. One friends' DH is recovering from a stroke this past summer and she has been having a tough time, so it was good for her to have some time with the girls to "talk." Makes us doubly grateful for our good health!!

Happy New Year and thank you all for your good wishes,
Candy

Posts: 1330 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ~Joyce~
posted Hide Post
Loved all of the lights and decor, beautifully done...

~Joyce~

Posts: 7498 | Location: KY | Registered: Sep 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit late. Your home decor is beautiful! Love the wreaths on the windows. I hope your Christmas was Merry and your New Year is Happy Smile

Posts: 2309 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post