Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  the seasons of decorating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the seasons of decorating Sign In/Join 
posted
I sure miss all the threads that showed seasonal decorating, tablesettings, vignettes, porches/patios, yards/gardens etc.

I am not doing what I had hoped to get done. Will get a photo or two, but may be late. It snowed last weekend, so did not feel like making a new spring wreath for the door. Having two holidays this month didn't help either.

I did aquire a few new pieces. May need some help as to what to do with what I have. One problem is that mostly have just one piece and don't know how to put with the other pieces.

Please post photos if you can. TIA

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6170 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
This painted planter idea really caught my eye.

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
I don't decorate as much for each season as I once did. This year all I've done is change the color of some tapers to pastel colors and put out my 'bunny vase'. Haven't taken any pics but will post a couple of old ones as well as some inspiration pics I've saved.

This is my Beswick 'bunny pitcher vase' which belonged to DH's DGM.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12587 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
My late Siamese always ate plants so I put these jonquils in a cage.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Posts: 12587 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
I often use this real birdnest in my spring decor. I keep it in an apothecary jar and put glass 'eggs' in it. DH found it in a fallen tree.

Lucky

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
This is an inspiration pic I saved. It's from Williams Sonoma.

Lucky

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Easter egg wreath.

Lucky

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Victorian Easter wreath.

Lucky

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Tote with flowers. This is from Funky Junk Interiors here: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors....ts-funky-junked.html

Lucky

Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
Oh, Lucky, they are beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

I love your bunny vase!

Posts: 3031 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
lol..no pictures as yet...today was the first day at 50 degrees...
what i do is re arrange the furniture for the summer, to take advantage of open windows, ac,ect...

Posts: 8479 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Annie I love the polka dotted pots. They are SO cute. I have to paint some just like that, yep.

Joyluck Love the pictures, gave me some great inspiration too Smile

Posts: 4583 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
Same here, strings...and yes, thanks to all who posted the pretties Smile

Posts: 2769 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty pictures Annie17 and Joyluck. Good inspiration.

Posts: 1721 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
I just noticed this thread. Don't know how I missed it before.

In my house the only place that gets consistently decorated for seasons or holidays is my front entry. I have a small chest of drawers there, with an antique French mirror hanging above, and a smallish lamp. I try to have something else on the chest that is seasonal.

Right now I have my three trusty cloches, that I use frequently, and they each have a different nest under them. The little blue eggs are polished stone, the beige eggs are some sort of tropical nut that is carved and polished, and the other cream colored eggs are plastic. I am keeping my eyes peeled for some other eggs for that nest. Something natural.

Anyway, what I like about this arrangement is that it is using things I already had, and it isn't so Easter specific that I have to change it out now. It will take me through spring.

I have enjoyed seeing everyone's ideas!

Posts: 7075 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
OH what a FUN thread! LOVE all the photos! Thanks for sharing everyone! I have not done anything seasonally but loved viewing all who posted!

Posts: 9526 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Annie, like the polka dot pots. May try that too. A very cute idea.

Lucky, that is a very pretty pitcher. The jonquils in the birdcage is very pretty and I wouldn't have thought of that. The cage reminds me of the one that my grandmother used for her canary. Eggs and nests are nice too. Thanks for the inspiration photos.

Cocok, you do so much with your trusty cloches. Always a joy to see what you come up with.

Well it is time to confess, didn't do anything as planned for Easter. Between the snow and the grands not coming, wasn't in the mood. Did fix a nice meal for us. It was just dh, ds and me. The planned extras for a few days were nice.

I posted a photo of a plate on today's MMF thread. I had thought that would be good to use after East er until summer. It reminds me of a dogwood blossom.

I am rethinking that maybe I should just do decorating with accessories that would be more than just for a holiday. Just small touches of holiday decor items.

Thanks for contributing to this thread.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6170 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa Ann
posted Hide Post
I am hoping now that is finally warming up to do some spring decorating on my porches. I'm putting some ideas together in my head right now.

I am what I am because He is I AM!!!

Posts: 5703 | Registered: Jun 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Love everyones decor for Easter and spring. Me, I just snatched Easter off the door and mantel and didn't get many pictures. I will posts some when I re-do.

Right now I have grandchildren on the mantel and next up will be spring something or another. LOL

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post