Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Well I brought me a table home....PIC'S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well I brought me a table home....PIC'S Sign In/Join 
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted
And I LOVE it!! These pictures are with the turquoise sofa/buffet table out of the DR area...I might put it back and put the table out and see how I feel.

But I am glad I went with the little bit bigger table...I would like to be able to put something decorative on the table without it feeling likes its in the way or you have to move it to use the table!!

Posts: 9440 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9440 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
view from kitchen.

posted Hide Post
Now I need to get a piece of glass for the top!!

posted Hide Post
Next is new fabric for the chairs.

Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
It's nice. I like it Smile

Now if you can find some fabric that has, not only black in it, but some of the colors from your picture and the chairs, it will pull it all together.

Wanda

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
I like it toooooo!!!!

The way you have it makes it seem like everything is is balance and I like your new picture.

I agree, find some new material for the chairs and you are good to go.

Posts: 2804 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect. Looks like it was meant for your space.

A colorful fabric with some green, turquoise, and a little black would look nice.

Posts: 648 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: Apr 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Very nice!! Now take a rest and then the fabric hunt begins. I think it should have some aqua.

Posts: 7975 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Very nice table Always. Fits perfectly in the dining room as well.

Can't wait to see what fabric you put on the chairs. Will be waiting for the reveal.....

Posts: 4591 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Love your new black table.

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Looks really good -- I don't think I'd put the buffet back -- looks like the room is pretty well filled with the table. And the chairs go really well with the table and look really good.

You did good!

Martha

Posts: 5458 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree! I have (sporadically) watched your room evolve, and I really like where you have taken it. A few more tweaks, and then relax and enjoy!

Posts: 4027 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Always,

A great update for your DR! Glad you picked that table too!
Have fun finding the fabric for the chairs.

PS: Have you considered taking some of the slack out of the chain on your light?

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9353 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
LOVE the black table in that space - looks fantastic!

Posts: 3022 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BRose..I actually have a nail up in the corner to hang the cord from. I just don't have anything long enough to get it back up there.

I am SO happy with my table...glad I went with this one. I put the buffet back pulled out the table some so there's room and centered everything to the back wall for now. I also picked up a piece of vinyl for a cover till I can get a glass piece for the table top.

posted Hide Post
Back from a long weekend. Table looks terrific!

Posts: 1927 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaysmom49:
Back from a long weekend. Table looks terrific!

Thank you...we are very happy with it. It's a keeper!!

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
I like it too! Love a touch of black in the kitchen.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7300 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post