Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  decorating with red & white quilts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

decorating with red & white quilts Sign In/Join 
Picture of Annon
posted
I have some exciting news to share! My sister and I have been working on a collection of 50 red & white miniature quilts. They are going to "decorate" (want to stay on topic Smile ) the Minnesota quilt show next week, and then the Houston (the BIG one) quilt show in October.
My sister lives in Texas, and I live in Ohio, so we've never even seen them all together. Should be fun!

We've been working on them for a year, and each made 25, sending pictures back and forth.

Ann

Posts: 3627 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful Ann!!! You must both be very proud - R&W are my favorite quilt colors.

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7532 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
I love the red and white patterns. Show us more pics if you can! I always love seeing your quilts.

Posts: 2279 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Your quilts look beautiful! I imagine, that up close, one can see many fine details. I think it is lovely that you and your sister have been working on this and will be able to showcase your work together.

Maine Lady

Posts: 5751 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Ann,

Those are beautiful quilts and will be stunning on display all together. How nice that you sister enjoys quilting too.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9489 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
How exciting for you!

Martha

Posts: 6207 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh! How gorgeous. Before reading your post, I was immediately decorating a bedroom around a red and white quilt--in my head--trying to decide on creamy white or crisp white walls!

Posts: 3494 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
How EXCITING!!! The ones you pictured are amazing!

Posts: 9806 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Anon, as an ardent lover of quilts, I have long been impressed and admiring of your achievements in this wonderful art/decorating/utilitarian form of expression.

Your (and your sisters) creations will make a truly remarkable display. Will these be for sale or just for display? Will they all be hung together?

Congratulations to both of you!

Posts: 12932 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Annon, those are amazing. I love the two color effect. I look forward to seeing the quilts all hung together.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
OK, Annon, now that I have picked my jaw up off of the floor, I can say that those little quilts are very exciting! The are exquisite pieces of art! I hope when you are finished displaying them they end up framed in a gallery wall. You are amazing!

Posts: 7247 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
Ditto, ditto, ditto. !!!

Posts: 3227 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
You are all so nice! I really appreciate your comments!

I'm in a hotel with really crummy internet, so I'll do the best I can to answer before I lose my connection. We worked on them for a year, with no real goal in mind, except that we liked them and were having fun. Whenever we finished one, we picked our next one. A few times we were able to get together and we made two of the more difficult ones together. Many of them are copies of antique quilts. I have no idea what we'll do with them when we get them back (in two years). I've taken note of some that friends particularly like, and I might gift them to them. We've also thought of selling them on eBay and donating the money to a favorite charity. I guess we have plenty of time to decide.

I'll post more pictures when I can. I'm not able to post them all till after the show in October.

Thank you again!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Annon,

Posts: 3627 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your red & white quilts are awesome. I'm sure they will make a wonderful display.

Cyndi

Posts: 4086 | Location: Boothwyn, PA | Registered: Aug 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Oooo love those little charmers! I made a r&w quilt from Alex Anderson's redwork romance collection a few years back. It goes nicely with the red toile curtains in my pine-panelled bedroom at the lake. I look forward to seeing the total collection when you get with your sister.

piney

Posts: 3216 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Annon, what a fun project for you and your sister to share! You're both very talented and the quilts are beautiful. Red and white is such a cheerful combination of color.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Posts: 10511 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of out on a limb
posted Hide Post
Too much beautiful!!

i just got back from northern indiana looking at floral quilt gardens - there were many quilt blocks done out of flowers and then there was also many quilt murals scattered thruout elkhart, shipshewana, nappanee, middlebury, goshen indiana.

~~~becca~~~~

Posts: 5593 | Location: dayton ohio | Registered: Jul 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful!

Posts: 6086 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
We had a great time at the quilt show, and our quilts very popular!
It was so much fun sharing our motivation and explaining the quilts.
People could hardly believe we made all the quilts (except one) in the last year.
I can hardly believe it myself. Smile

Here's a picture for you.
I like it better that the more formal pictures of the quilts hanging in the show.
My sister was packing them up and just tossed them over the staircase railing
instead of carrying them all down the stairs, and this pic is the result.

(The post was huge, so I tried to edit and make it easier to read, and I fear I made it worse! Sorry.

Ann

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Annon,

Picture of my2gals
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!! Smile

Posts: 903 | Registered: Nov 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post