Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which throw.... Sign In/Join 
Picture of annie17
posted
I am ready to order one of these throws to go at the end of the bed which has an plain ivory quilt and shams. I want to bring some tan into the room plus some colored pillows.

I really like the one with stars but think it has more of a taupe color with some tan in a smaller print.

Any thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: annie17,

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Annie, I like them both, so cute. But I think your right if you want to bring tan into the mix. Then you have to go with the one on the left, imo!

Posts: 4583 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Well...split decision!

I like the quilt on the left side with the browns/yellow colors.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9318 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Thanks lilsophie!

Thanks BR!

2 votes for the brown. I have to quit looking at the taupe because I really like it!

posted Hide Post
Well, I'll vote with you, Annie. I like them both, but think I prefer the taupe one. What is the particular reason taupe won't work? Is it the wall color? If so, then stick to what works with it. Otherwise...

Posts: 4017 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I agree that the one on the left sounds like it would be ideal, but check out this pretty cottage quilt I found which also has beige in it.

http://www.bellahomefashions.c...ilt-throw-p4222.html

Posts: 18382 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Nitalyn, I'm using the tan, burlap type colors and taupe looks o gray next to them.

Froo, thanks for the link. That is a very pretty quilt!

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Yes and reasonably priced too! Smile

Posts: 18382 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, annie17, my answer would be neither. You seem to "like" both of them but I don't hear that you "love" either one. Hold off a while, you'll find something that will scream "take ME home!".
JMHO

Posts: 1923 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with jaysmom on this one. A throw is something you can live without or make do with an old one until you find the one that is jsut right.

Posts: 419 | Location: Illinois | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
My eye went straight to the one on the left.

Posts: 9426 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to agree that unless you love something, don't place it in your space.

They're both nice but I don't have an opinion w/o considering how they work with your other design choices.

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me they both look good. It depends upon what kind of theme your room takes.
The one on the right is more of a country cottage-y look. The one on the left is more formal looking.
I would probably choose the cottage-y one.
I prefer that look to formal.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
I like the one on the left too, but if you're not loving them, then wait until you find one that you do.

Wanda

Posts: 4798 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Jaysmom, Oojeanie, Aguabella, I am pretty much loving the one on the right. Just a bit frustrated about the color.

Always and WWanda, love the tans, touch of aqua
and reverse print on this one.

Arepo, You are right, I think it is more cottagey which is why I love it. I do prefer an informal look.

NOW FOR THE RANT: apparently the 50 x60 quilted throws are out of style even thought I still love them.
TJ Maxx used to have tons but I haven't seen any for the last few years. Frown I have only found them on Amazon and Bella Home Fashions.

If anyone knows of another source please let me know. I'm thinking of ordering both as it is easier to decide once I see them.

Thanks so much for all your help!! Smile

posted Hide Post
Don't forget Overstock.com. I think they still offer quilted throws.

Posts: 1721 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gracie, I will check it out!

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by annie17:
I am pretty much loving the one on the right. Just a bit frustrated about the color.

I also prefer the one on the right - the scalloped edge just 'makes' it. I think it would be worth planning the color scheme around it.

I know you'll let us know the outcome of this decision and hope to see a pic of the finished room.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12587 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it would be worth planning the color scheme around it.

Thanks Lucky,

It has been ordered.I can't wait to get it!

Picture of Belstone
posted Hide Post
Google C&F Bedding...they make tons of 50x60 quilted throws and are sold by lots of sites. We sell them where I work so I've seen the catalogs...tons!

**Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain**

Posts: 3637 | Location: Here, by the grace of God... | Registered: Jan 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Belstone, thanks so much! I'm going to look right now!!