Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Monday Morning Finds 6-9-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monday Morning Finds 6-9-14 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Skyler
posted
Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a restful weekend and is ready to start the week off right.

Please post pics (if you're able to) or just tell us about any new or favorite finds. We always love to hear prices, if you're willing to share.

No shopping for me but I look forward to seeing all of yours Smile

Posts: 10496 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Happy Monday Skyler!

Thank you so much for this MMF's thread, I know you are busy with your house and move... and yet you still find the time to host this wonderful tread for us! You are a dear!

As for ME:
I got 5 of these small tool kits last week, DH got them for $1 each. So, I have a few for gifts now... handy little tool case. COOL or what? DH called me to tell me they were getting them on 'sell out' sale at Lowe's, and did I want one, I said 'how many are there', he said 5, I said 'get them'... So, I didn't even have to leave the house! LOL

These small screw driver sets will be in some stockings at Christmas for a few grandsons who are into tools... And one got slipped into my toolbox just in case I need one! LOL

screw driver set

Posts: 9717 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
MR -- those are neat and at $1 each how great is that!

We went to Wichita this weekend -- found a find in an antique mall and then we also brought home DH's father's day present.

The find -- a blue hyacinth vase -- $6 -- I snap them up when I can find them -- and have a nice collection now and use them in February when I force bulbs -- they're rare and a find is like every two or three years! You plop the bulb in the top after you fill it with water and watch it grow and bloom! the roots go down into the bulbous base. Oh, and it was $6 labeled "vase" Most don't know what they really are.

And actually, you COULD use them for a vase, I suppose!

Martha

Posts: 5894 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
And for DH, for Father's Day, a rocker for the front porch -- he's been wanting one since last summer when DD and SIL got a pair for their porch. It's teak, from Sam's and extremely comfortable. My rocker is a white wicker and I'm thinking about trading in mine for one of the teak ones -- what do you think?

It's from Sam's, was not marked down but WAS put together! (Which made for an interesting ride home -- LOL!)

Martha

Posts: 5894 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture I took one year of the bulbs in the kitchen window in the vases. There are several more that I didn't fill and now I have two more -- an amethyst one and this blue one.

Martha

Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
Nice finds ladies!

I picked up some blue and white pillow shams on clearence from Marshalls and a very nice outdoor wicker chair with cushions from Ross-its perfect in the sunroom and comfortable too!

Posts: 2828 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
Heres one of the shams

Posts: 2828 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Annie -- nice

I forgot a gift -- which really doesn't constitute a find but it was very thoughtful and things I really liked -- friends went to Washington State. We were going but ended up not so one of the friends bought back this loot!!!

A tea book, lavender jam and orange rosemary jam, a strawberry stemmer and a small strawberry cookie cutter -- which I can't wait to use!

Martha

posted Hide Post
Great finds everyone. I love this site. Thank you Skyler for starting this thread every Monday morning.

Posts: 281 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Martha,
The b lue hyacinth vase is wonderful... I thought that photo of the other bulb vases was from a magazine till I read what you wrote! AWESOME! And the blue will really be nice with your other vases! GOOD for you picking them up when you find them! I have never seen one when out and about... but at least now I will know what they are IF I do see one!
GREAT gifts! Great they came with jam! That book looks interesting! Getting ready for strawberries!!! Smile OH and YES I would go and get another rocking chair (belated MD gift, lol) then you will have the pair! (it's a curb appeal thing)

Annie,
Love the blue and white shams! And teh chair is great too! So nice when the plus is a sale AND it is comfortable!

Hi 5 bells! I am glad to see you here!

Posts: 9717 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
MR, those small tool kits are very handy.

Martha, what a cool hyacinth vase! That rocker looks very comfy. I can see why you would want a matching pair. Would you add cushions to them? All of the tea items are wonderful for a tea party. When should I arrive? LOL. I have always been a tea drinker, can't stand coffee!

AL, that is a great chair and perfect for the sun room. The prints on the shams is really eye catching!

I am reposting my find from last Tuesday, as it didn't seem that anyone saw it. I found this oil transfer print at the thrift store. I had seen it the week before and really liked it. It was 50% off last week, so for $4.99 it came home with me! I had bought the large picture behind it, but did not care for the picture it contained, so out came the original print and in went the new print. The frame/picture was $5, so for $9.99, I have a new picture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here it is framed and on the wall in the living room where my piano is and since the picture is a piano in a conservatory, it seemed appropriate, LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It is a 41 X 53 in. frame, and quite heavy. I
am very happy with the result.

TTFN,
Candy

Posts: 1302 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Just now getting a chance to check in.

Mary Ruth, you're right I'm going crazy over this whole house selling event, urgh! I feel like a bought a ticket on the crazy train!

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful treasures and for all those that comment. I'm not doing a great job of participating so I'm thankful all of you keep the thread going.

Love seeing all your treasures Smile

Posts: 10496 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found 18 of these wonderful little "toy" buckets for my DGD's play area. Got them at Goodwill for .50 apiece. Wonderful finds, everyone!

Posts: 44 | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Christmas Candy,
You and I are both tea lovers! I keep no less than 10 different types of tea in the house at all times! Drinking a cup of Green tea as I write this... I always make a cuppa before opening MMF's... so relaxing!

I know I have had computer issues so it too hard for me to post correctly on my Kindle, so I wait till I am sitting at PC, which this past week was only for cleaning out files. So GLAD you reposted this print. LOVE IT! GREAT deal too! Good combination, makes a better treasure! I am doing same with something I got and will post when done. LOVE those finds! And... it looks great on your piano room wall! Real nice.. and a good scale for over a sofa as well!

Skyler,
I sure CAN relate! I had to get good at disconnect in order to survive it (I had fallen by then... and was undergoing surgeries and DH going through surgery too, and he withdrew into a shell, he does NOT move well...). Selling a loved and long-lived-in home is so stressful... remember to take time out to ground and center yourself... so important not to let the batteries run down!

IF you need help remember there are a few of us on this thread who can help out if you need it! You are doing a great job just starting the post! Sort of the official 'it has arrived' post! No one expects you to be Wonder Woman... we all can for a short time, but sustained strength is very hard to do... We want you to take care of yourself too!

Azure,
50 cents apiece for those great storage buckets!!! How WONDERFUL that they can also serve a purpose of cutting down the work to keep the kids' things organized too! NICE FIND!

Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Candy -- that picture is perfect! Azure -- what cute "buckets" for GD toys! Love all the primary colors.

Martha

Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Love all the vases, Martha. I have one clear bulb vase any more and my allergies might kick up when the flowers bloom.
Azure, love the bins. So colorful and useful for little money.

piney

Posts: 3188 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post