Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Testing-combining multiple images
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Testing-combining multiple images Sign In/Join 
posted
It has been asked several times here how people combine multiple photos in one post. I assumed it required a special software, so I was searching online to see if I could find a free version. I think I found something even better - a website you can use to combine images (up to 4) and then save to your computer. No worries about downloading anything. This is just a very basic test image; you can fancy it up with background colors and added text on top of the photos. It did take me a while to size everything correctly. The total size of the four images can't be more than 2000 pixels in the largest direction, so I used Paint to resize each photo to 500 pixels largest direction. Then the combined photo was larger than the board's 150 kb, so I used Paint again to resize it to 62% (147 kb).

Here's the link to the site: http://www.quickpicturetools.com/en/combine_images/

Let's see if this loads.

Posts: 4027 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Well that is NICE! Thanks for sharing that helpful tip!

I combine mine on Paint program, but this is easy too! Smile and of course so much better when we are looking at your beautiful property! Smile

Posts: 9533 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, so you can combine on Paint - lol! I didn't know that; I'll have to check that out as well. I thought I didn't have any software that would do it.

Posts: 4027 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Yes! I open a blank, then view 'zoom out' so I can see more 'canvas'... then I 'paste from' and choose photos, I can reduce their size by clicking on 'resize' while the one I uploaded onto Paint..and reduce in half or so...

Then I place next to one another, if it is a horizontal photo, then I place the prints under one another so they don't have to be so small and it won't affect the message box if you have like 4 one under the other with larger sized prints.

After placing the all I choose 'crop' and select the prints with no or very little border, then crop that.. now I have one print... I check the size of the whole set (as one unit) and make sure it is under 150kb so it will post here.

Posts: 9533 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to know! Well, that gives everyone two different methods for the next time someone asks Wink

Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Nitalynn I can do the same on a program we have called Comic life, but what Joyluck had done was just cut and paste her photos. I can not do that on I photo on my Mac.

Have you tried the cut and paste method?

Posts: 12210 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
los,
That cut and paste method works with Photobucket! You upload photos to that site that you want posted online, then you choose to share and 'get link' option and it will tell you the http address for the link to the photo. That is what you cut and paste. I have not tried it recently, but I should take the time to try it. There was a time here when this board was so messed up, and I still don't have all the features working for me.