Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  New house pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New house pictures Sign In/Join 
Picture of annielinz
posted
Well we've moved in to the new place, found the camera only to have dead batteries....

We are still unpacking the garage, however here are a few pictures of the living/dining room area. Its a little overcast here this morning so the pictures are not the best for lighting.

I will still do some tweaking but for now this is how the room stands with the big furniture items. I still have the buffet out in the garage which needs to be painted that will hopefully get done this week and that will go on the far wall.

The sectional fit perfectly and butts up against the entry which is a step down. It faces the fireplace and the TV is angeled in the corner.

So bear with me there are about 4 pictures.

Here is as you enter the front door, you can see into the kitchen area and straight through to the sunroom:

Posts: 2804 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
Here is the corner of the living room looking out:

Posts: 2804 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
dining area:

Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
Kitchen area looking towards the front door:

Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
oh your space looks so welcoming. Congratulations again. I bet you are so happy to be in the new place!!!

Everything looks great.

Posts: 9432 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the wicker chairs staying with the dining set? Love them also like the aqua touches. These rooms look so airy.

Wanda

Posts: 1729 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
Good job on furniture arrangement. That sunroom is killer! Let's see some more, please.

Posts: 5166 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Your decor is really coming together. Love the pictures.

Posts: 1730 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
Always, Thank you!
I think we will be very happy here. Luckily we were able to paint the inside and do the floors before moving in, so now its a slow process getting things the way we want.

gmvj: Thank you too, I do want to add aqua to the mix throughout the house. The buffet will be in a blue/aqua color. I am going to keep the wicker chairs. I will in time look for new head chairs, but since I dragged all the old black chairs here, I put them at the head of the table for the time being. The wicker kubo chairs are very comfy and lend to lingering longer at the table.
Aychi:Thank you regarding the furniture arrangement. The sectional was a big question if it would fit and would it overwhelm the space. It ended up working three fold. It gave us lots of seating, was a divider to the dining room, and the awkward entry that drops off becomes less noticeable with the sectional backed up to it.
The sunroom is our favorite space, it's still a work in progress, will post pictures soon.

Heres a picture of the dining room with only the wicker chairs:

posted Hide Post
Looks great! Quick work!

Posts: 4024 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
I also wanted to compliment your wall color...or the lack of. The light colored walls look great with your flooring and ceiling beams. Good call on going light/neutral on the walls.

Posts: 9432 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
It's looking great so far.

more pictures please Smile

Wanda

Posts: 4798 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Had to do a double take with the entry step up.

The sofa serves as a barrier against stumbling off or do you have to access the seating by the door? Or by the china closet?

Very comfortable and inviting looking space!

Posts: 12187 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Your home is looking fabulous Annie, I'm loving it. It's big, open and airy. I too love the white walls and those woods floors are pretty.
Your sectional fits perfectly and looks very nice in the room. It looks so white too, very pretty.
Can't wait to see what new head chairs you come up with. Have fun decorating and shopping Smile

Posts: 4585 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh it's lovely! I love how bright and cheery it is!

Posts: 436 | Registered: Jun 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
LOS, I have access to the sectional by the china cabinet. I've blocked off by the front door with a table and lamp. That was one of the quirky features of this house was this entry but the sectional we had was the perfect solution.

lilsophie, thank you. One of the things that sold me on this house was the open airy feeling and the tall ceilings. My other house was very boxy and closed off, with very low ceilings.

Regarding the "white sectional", it is filthy. I ordered new slipcovers from JCP in the same natural color and they are still in the box....I haven't got the energy to put them on yet Smile. I considered another color but none of them moved me and having two sets of the natural made sense.

I'm also very happy with the swiss coffee on the walls. There is not alot of architectural interest so it helps just blend everything in.

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Annie,

You've done a great job with everything. Your home doesn't look like "just moved in" at all. I love seeing how you transferred the existing furniture into the new space and love your style.

Very pretty!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9334 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post