Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOING GRAY! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Froo Froo
posted
Yes, the hairs are going that way too, but I finally got off my keister and bought SW Peppercorn to paint the upper half of our dining room. Though it is dark in pigmentation, I plan on painting ceiling, trim and wainscot white. The curtains will be white as well as the curtain rods. The furniture is an orangey oak as is the wood floor. The area rug is predominantly black with beigh, olive, and gray among other colors. I have been wanting to find a gray for sometime and the fact it has come into vogue is coincidence. BTW, the brass and glass chandy will gleam.

It may be some time before I repaint this room with so much on my plate, but I hope to post pics. I am curious if anyone here has used SW Peppercorn?

Posts: 18444 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go Froo. As a grey lover (and black and taupe as well) it sounds stunning.
With your fine eye for color and design, it should be a total winner.
Enjoy.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Sounds great Froo, can't wait for pictures. lol

Posts: 4590 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Posts: 1737 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
I have not used SW Peppercorn, but would like to. I think Peppercorn and white is an elegant pairing. I look forward to seeing your pictures!

Maine Lady

Posts: 5723 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
I have been viewing this blog a few times and saw this paint chart sample. The Peppercorn color is at the bottom.
http://www.favoritepaintcolors...lor-combination.html

What a DEEP color! I also LIKE IT.
And with white and the orange/oak wood, I think it will really DRESS up your space, I too look forward to photos!

I too have been considering a dark gray (A/S paint color Graphite with dark wax) for covering over some of my Mahogany wood (part of the piece being painted over gray). I love the gray added to woodtones, have not figured out exactly how I would break it up though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

Mary Ruth
Like stamp sm
*****We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are! ***** (Anaias Nin)***** http://pinterest.com/mary_ruth/

paint samples Peppercorn

Posts: 9533 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone's support on my color choice. It is a bit scary though since I am keeping resale in mind in a few years. I focus on the fact it will be dramatic but neutral. If budget allows, I may add some sparkly candle sconces to flank the china cabinet, but with the upcoming bath and kitchen remodel we're about to face, we may be eating beans in this elegant dining room Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Froo Froo,

Posts: 18444 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Froo,
I HEAR you on budget talk... We pay as we go in this retirement house (on its way to becoming our 'home') and it is not easy, when one idea is $500.. that is our motto... every time we look at something we say 'cha ching... starting at $500!' and laugh!

Posts: 9533 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Froo! Home sick today so thought I would check in. Your color scheme sounds lovely and is sure to appeal to buyers when the time comes for resale. In the meantime, you will get to enjoy it. Smile

Posts: 3994 | Location: Boothwyn, PA | Registered: Aug 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
OHL, so good to see ya, but am sorry to hear you're under the weather. Thanks for your vote of confidence. I value it as well as all my deco buds here.

Refresh my memory. Were you undergoing a beach hOuse remodel? If so, how's it going?

Be well.

Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see photos Froo Froo! Sounds beautiful.

Posts: 7086 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted two pics a few weeks ago with my living room/dining room painted Peppercorn. Love it.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Froo,

Love it! Checked the SW fan deck and it's on the Concepts in Color scheme. It was marked as a contender for our exterior trim.

Great Color Choice!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9344 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the color formulated by B.M. in their Aura paint. I have double height ceilings and I got good coverage with one coat over white walls, no primer.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post