Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures needed Sign In/Join 
Picture of craftybbq
posted
Hi does anyone have pictures of what they hang over their tv? I have a flat screen and am curious as to what people hang over theirs. If the picture is too big then it is too high above it and looks way off, but if too small then that would look off too. I am looking to do something different than what I have always done, just hang a picture. I think it would be fun to try something new Smile

Posts: 1026 | Registered: Oct 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you first share a picture of your room where you would like to hang the picture?

Posts: 562 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a contemporary space, but I think you could do something similar with other styles.

Posts: 2053 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
I can try to put a picture but it may not be very clear.

Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
Heyyy I did it lol So in the picture you can see the door to the right and to the left where you see the lady figurine, that is the end of that wall. Hope this helps, it's not a big space but works well for me and my tv room Smile
Gracie that is a great picture thank you for posting it Smile

Picture of wendek
posted Hide Post
Here's an idea, not mine, but one I liked...

Posts: 4337 | Location: SF | Registered: Feb 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meldin
posted Hide Post
Wendek, I was about to post that same picture. Great minds!

That's okay, I have another. From Miss Mustard Seed:

Posts: 2745 | Registered: Jul 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
Those pictures have good ideas, thank you! I have a couple of black shelves, I have the blocks that you can hang and have pictures but am stumped on how to do it all. Thanks again for pics, it helps to see different ones.

Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
Craftybbq,I am so glad you posted this.It is a huge problem once we get new tv's.I have the same issues.But a much bigger 55in.tv,DH had to have.I was going to hang either iron scroll thingy above mine or maybe smaller pictures.We just found a tv stand last night.So I'll be re-configuring out new decor ideas too.

Love the inspiration pics.I like the thought of shelfs and displaying touches of home on them.

Posts: 3010 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
Jackierenette we have a bigger tv in the living room. This one is for my tv room/craft room. I don't have to worry about it in the livingroom because the tv is in the corner and I have bookcases next to it.

posted Hide Post
Here's another one with shelves and blocks.

Posts: 2053 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
Would it be too many shelves if I have one big one above the sofa? I put the blue cabinet I painted in here so now it feels colorful. I can probably add some more blue in here to but I am going to try to add some color that goes with the blue so there isn't too much blue.

Picture of boolovespink
posted Hide Post
heres mineSmile i have a 50 inch tv, so this worked great for me.

Posts: 1568 | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
Ohh that scroll is perfect for over your tv boolovespink! I like the way it looks, thank you for showing me.

Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
Here is a blog that I saved.Her hubby made awall mount box that hides the flat screen tv behind artwork.

Here is a pic of it.And the blog link.
http://dixiedelights.blogspot....reen-tv-cabinet.html

Posts: 3010 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
I really like that painting turned into a door. Mine is on a stand but I will keep that in mind for when we get one for our bedroom. Thank you for showing me that.

Picture of phiferindia
posted Hide Post
Hang your own family photos children photos over on the device. Which is above to your flat screen. Or any romantic of photos of your spouce. Will be very effective and happy to remember those moments whenever your eyes goes towards wall picture hangings.

Security shield mosquito net

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan to do this with ours, once we redo our LR. It doesn't show above the tv well, but it looks like a decorative mirror or maybe wrought iron decor like boolovespink has? I think the tv needs something along the shelf infront of it (be sure not to block the tv sensor) and something for height on the sides.

Posts: 572 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post