Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MMF Fill In Sign In/Join 
Picture of Skyler
posted
Hello all,

DH and I are getting ready for our summer trip to Canada and will be gone for 5 weeks. Is anyone willing to keep MMF going while I'm away? It would be August 11th through September 15th. I could resume MMF on September 22nd.

Beau's Rose and Mary Ruth, you ladies have helped in the past, any chance either of you would be willing to do it now?

Posts: 10526 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I they can't, I could fill in. May need a reminder, though.

My favorite thread.

Have a good time on your vacation. Thank you for starting the thread each week.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6357 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
WILL BE HAPPY to help out!
And if anyone wants to share some of the days with me, that would work too!
I will help out Beau' s Rose also if she wishes the chance to host!

Just let me know what I can do!

Skyler, you do so much for us ALL year!!! THANK YOU!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

Posts: 9811 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Thank you to those of you who can keep MMF going. I always look forward to seeing the goodies people find.
Have a wonderful vacation, Skyler!

Maine Lady

Posts: 5751 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Hi Skyler,

Your trip sounds wonderful. I am happy to fill in the last two weeks for MMF which are Sept 8th and 15th. Thanks so much for all your hard work each week.

Strings and Mary Ruth, Are you able to work out MMF for the other 3 weeks?

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9500 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to help but showing my stupidity, please alert me to what MMF is?

MMF= MAKES ME FEEL dumb!

Posts: 1731 | Registered: Sep 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
arepo24,
Please don't feel dumb! Shortcuts are so we do not have to type in the whole name each time we mention it. Monday Morning Finds (MMF).

Helping means hosting the thread while our wonderful and thoughtful host is away on vacation.
Smile

Posts: 9811 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Beau's Rose,
Sounds like a plan!
So the schedule is:

Aug 11 (Edited to add, I got this covered, no need to volunteer for this one)
Aug 18 (Edited to add, Strings covering this one)
Aug 25 (Edited to add, I can cover this one too)
Sept 1
Sept 8 Beau's Rose
Sept 15 Beau's Rose
Sept 22 Skyler returns!!!

IF anyone wants to help with covering the unclaimed Monday of SEPTEMBER 1, please let us know so I can fill in and I WILL COVER whatever dates for anyone unable to keep the chosen dates because sometimes LIFE throws a curve ball!

Anyone else want an opportunity to be part of the MMF thread?
Actually it is the whole week of coverage but original post is made on MONDAYS.

Covering means:
Greeting our MMF's posters and commenting on additional posts during the week until the Sunday following the MMF's post. Sometimes an additional stray post might happen even after the last post is finished. What I do to keep up is to 'follow' the post or subscribe to it (this is done when I comment also) so I can get email updates and see that there is new content. The thread is most active during the first few days then tapers off.

I appreciate being part of this wonderful thread that Skyler takes care of and posts for us each week. I am not sure how long this has been running but it is my favorite thread on this board!
Thanks for ALL YOU DO Skyler!
_

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all of you who have offered to cover the thread! It is so nice to see great participation and willingness to help Smile

Sounds like MMF is in good hands and I look forward to catching up on them when I get back!

Posts: 10526 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Skyler,
WE've got your back! Smile
Looking forward to seeing your return, in the meantime HAVE A GREAT VACATION!!!

posted Hide Post
As far as I know, I can do any of the unfilled dates. Just let me know. If something comes up and I can't will let you know.

This is my favorite thread, so happy to fill in. Skyler does such a great job.

Strings

Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Thank you ladies Smile

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Strings? How about the 18th of Aug?

posted Hide Post
OK. Let me know if you need me to do any other Mondays.

Will write a note to help me remember.

Strings

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Bon voyage, Sky. Enjoy your vacation. Smile

Posts: 18740 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Ok Strings! THANKS!

Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Thank you Froo! Off for the adventure in the morning Smile

posted Hide Post
As far as I know, I can do Sept. 1st. Just let me know.

Thanks for Skyler and the subs! My favorite thread!

Strings

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Strings please confirm the 18th AND the 1st you can cover? I also left a note on Monday Morning finds for 8/11 Thanks!!!

posted Hide Post
Yes, I can do the 18th and Sept 1st.

Looking forward to doing a little to help with my favorite thread. Thanks for letting me be a part of this.

Strings

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Strings,
Of course, the thread belongs to all of us, Skyler is such a dear to post the MMF's thread for all of us to enjoy.
I know it is my FAVORITE thread on HGTV boards, and I hope Skyler enjoys her vacation and not worrying about this thread until she returns on the 22nd of Sept.

Gee Sept is right around the corner! How time flies!

Thank you so much Strings for your contribution to keep the MMF's thread going for all of us to enjoy! Smile