Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Anyone watching the lastest season of Design Star?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching the lastest season of Design Star? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted
I could up last night...I was surprised the girl didn't go of the two that were chosen.

I need to go back and watch when they talked about the space everyone worked on in the loft..

I missed that part, but caught who got sent home.

Posts: 9432 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I remember the one who left was really criticized for the "frumpy" place settings in a contemporary condo.

Did you notice that the gal who stayed was sure she was the one getting booted off?

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot the 2nd elimination...I watched two parts last night...the first elimination was the guy...I would have liked to have seen more of his work rather that the girl who stayed.

the blonde who worked on the kitchen of the loft "who had this"...since she had worked in so many lofts before got the boot!!

Posts: 9432 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching this episode. I would not have sent the kitchen girl home.

IMHO the guy who did the dining room, or the guy that hung the car door on the wall should have gone home (maybe it was the same person) He also stuck the blonde (Abby) with doing all the painting.

also buying something vintage and repurposing it does not mean buying a stool and putting a more comfortable cushioning on nor buying a vintage record player and painting it a color.

Re-purposing is what the girl did who turned a camera into a lamp.

Posts: 12190 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jovtfam4
posted Hide Post
I think the guy who did that dining room is a little bit creepy. I feel like they are going to reveal he's a super-jerk for a few reasons.
1. He was supposed to get the bedding for the red haired woman in the first challenge and swears he picked it up and doesn't know where it went.
2. In the next episode he doesn't buy the blonde-haired woman the things she needs for her room, but keeps insisting she finish all the painting.
3. The third episode, the red-haired woman's curtains disappear and when she explains to the panel about a hallway thief, it shows his face quickly.

He's just... Hmmm...

Posts: 3363 | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
I really liked the winning space last night. . .it was head and shoulders above the rest.

Which guy is that? I did not like the man who was taking credit for the bookcase that was definitely the idea of the woman from Texas. The one with grommets in his ear lobes. Is that the one you mean?

Posts: 12190 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pistachio paint picked guy had to go. I feel sorta bad for the girl that got stuck with him the last 2 challenges, I would have like to see what should do could without being overtaken by the guy. But even from the first white room challenge, she didn't really shine.

Is it me, or does David look like he's had work done...maybe his make up was bad. He has almond shaped eyes and when he smiles, his eyes smile, but he sure did look weird on the last episode.

Picture of jovtfam4
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted Jun 24, 2013 11:01 AM Hide Post
I really liked the winning space last night. . .it was head and shoulders above the rest.

Which guy is that? I did not like the man who was taking credit for the bookcase that was definitely the idea of the woman from Texas. The one with grommets in his ear lobes. Is that the one you mean?

Yes, that one! I don't know his name. He seems suspicious.

Posts: 3363 | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annett
posted Hide Post
quote:
He seems suspicious.

I think it's that perpetual grin. Makes you wonder what he's thinking! Wink

Posts: 1430 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Nov 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post