Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  ADDING A LIGHTING QUESTION --Which black table would go best w/ my chairs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ADDING A LIGHTING QUESTION --Which black table would go best w/ my chairs? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted
40x66

those chairs are the sellers, not mine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Always1StepBehind,

Posts: 9432 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this table is 35 1/2 x 59, a little smaller.

Posts: 9432 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
another pic to show leg style.

posted Hide Post
My chairs.

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
The first table! Similar legs as the turquoise table.

Legs are too straight on second table to work with your chairs.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But how will that black table blend in with the rest of the room? Won't it be jarring? After going to all that trouble to pick fabric for the chairs, how will the fabric "co-exist" a black table? Are there bits of black in the fabric? If not, what will anchor the chairs to the table?

Posts: 3241 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sms29s66:
But how will that black table blend in with the rest of the room? Won't it be jarring? After going to all that trouble to pick fabric for the chairs, how will the fabric "co-exist" a black table? Are there bits of black in the fabric? If not, what will anchor the chairs to the table?

I am ready for new fabric on the chairs. Whatever fabric I do next will definitely have black in it. Either a floral with a black background or a animal print.

I just found a piece of leftover fabric of the fabric currently on the chairs and it didn't not hold up very well for outdoor fabric. It looks very worn and faded. I was sorta surprised.

Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I like the 1st table with your chairs.

There are some really pretty black paisley fabrics with a touch of aqua. I hope you are keeping the aqua table!?

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm leaning to the first table too. I will have to take out my turquoise table in order to be able to center the table with the window & hanging light.

My neighbor who has the same layout as me doesn't have her table or light centered with the window and you don't noticed it...Maybe I shouldn't worry so much about trying to center the table with the window...

posted Hide Post
Would it be weird not to have an overhead light in the dining room? If I keep the turquoise table in the DR I wont be able to center the table with the window or hanging light...

What do you think of using tall buffet lamps in the DR instead of the hanging fixture??

This older picture shows the vaulted ceiling in DR area.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Always1StepBehind,

posted Hide Post
Or would I center the light over a table even though it wouldn't be centered with the window?

posted Hide Post
Center it over the table. I have never had one centered to the room or windows. Perhaps if it was formal you would need to center everything but I do not think it is necessary here.

Posts: 6728 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely NOT formal here :-)