Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Ta Da! Master Bath!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ta Da! Master Bath! Sign In/Join 
posted
OK... it is not 100% completed, but I couldn't wait to share the results. I combined the suggestions made by you, put in a lot of hard work, and this is the result!

Here is the cabinet view. I opted to keep the light boxes and paint it all out in white- but painted the inside of the cabinet the wall color. (the picture makes it look really dark- but it isn't that dark in real life)

I did some minor repairs to the upper cabinet, regrouted the counter, replaced the sinks and faucets, and redid the framing around the mirror. The old framing warped when we tried to use the adhesive to stick it to the mirror, so we had to find new framing material.

I still need to install the last two doors and tackle a few minor details and one last good cleaning... but this is it!

Posts: 6101 | Registered: Jul 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
details you can't see above: the faucets are actually two toned, with the gold/brass on top, and a chrome underneath. The towel rings are chrome with a gold/brass accent. Um.... oops! I think I just posted the before picture.....

...here's the "after"!

posted Hide Post
Here is a view of the tub area. I love the prints and the way they add color to a very white room. The third print has the same gold as the valance- which is the same fabric as the curtains in the adjoining bedroom.

posted Hide Post
one more...

posted Hide Post
We have had one CMA so far, and will have another tomorrow. The first realtor we saw (should we decide to go with her) provides a stager- so I'm sure there would be a few additional things to add color over in the sink area. But I think I'm off to a good start!

Oh, and we found a company that will refinish the bathtub for us. We have really struggled to get it clean but to no avail. ::sigh::

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tomatoqueen,

Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
It looks fabulous! You are the ultimate DIYer !!!! Congrats on a job well done!

Posts: 3053 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
The power of paint-woohoo!!!!!

Amazing makeover; it looks fresh clean and oh so beautiful, great job!!!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
Well done!!

Posts: 5173 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
I like the way it looks! Great job!

Posts: 4410 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like what you have done too! Can you come to my house?

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6205 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like a brand new room. Buyers are going to be impressed.

Posts: 490 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice job of refreshing the bath. It looks very clean and inviting. This is a little thing, but I think I would put the gold/yellow print in the middle.

Posts: 1739 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Great job TQ! And quick too!

Nice idea on the brass/chrome fixtures. It's a good way to tie in the brass doors.

Wanda

Posts: 4810 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
TQ, it looks fabulous.

BTW, have you tried the Magic Eraser sponges?

I used them on a tub that had a no slip bottom and had been unable to get it truly clean until I tried the Magic Eraser. It really was like magic!!

Just a thought,
Candy

Posts: 1247 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Paintabulous!!!Smile

Posts: 18488 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
What a HUGE difference! It looks wonderful TQ, nice job.

Posts: 10407 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
WOW TQ...Your bathroom came out amazing.

Posts: 9442 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
you did great~! buyers are gonna love it.

Posts: 9975 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now entering the TQ spa ...

Looks terrific, great job! Here's to smooth sailing for you and your family throughout the rest of your relocation adventure.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Sep 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
What a HUGE difference! I like it! Looks NEW, fresh and up to date! I am sure you are HAPPY with the changes and the house buyers will like it too!

Posts: 9545 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job!! So fresh and inviting.

Posts: 3060 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Lovely job!

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I couldn't have done it without all your suggestions. One more CMA tomorrow- and this realtor gets to see the finished room. After that, we can get a recommendation for how to price this house and get things moving forward for the sale.

We are aiming for three weeks from now- just before memorial day.

Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
Painting the cabinets made an amazing change! Great job!

Posts: 7100 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of out on a limb
posted Hide Post
congrats!!! Amazing what a coat of paint will do!!

~~~becca~~~~

Posts: 5554 | Location: dayton ohio | Registered: Jul 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Amazing!

Posts: 3036 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
This looks great TQ. I want to paint my bathroom cabinets but can't convince the DH.

Posts: 2143 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
TQ,

You sure accomplished your goal. Looks great with the new paint and re-do. Good Luck on your listing.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9362 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of norahs978
posted Hide Post
This looks like a totally new room! Very impressive TQ. Good luck selling!

Posts: 1403 | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 7975 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Your bath looks wonderful, TQ! Your hard work was worth it. I love the brass/chrome fixtures.

Maine Lady

Posts: 5723 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
WOW,looks beautiful Wanda.

Posts: 2997 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benchwarmer
posted Hide Post
what a great job! love the change to white. good luck with your sale.

Posts: 4580 | Location: alabama | Registered: Aug 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
wow what a difference! wishing you luck like my cousin! their home sold in one hour..no kidding...(omaha)they had added things for several years, but did some sparkle like you...

Posts: 8489 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had the bathtub resurfaced today. It looks fantastic now!

The master bath is pretty much completed, with one exception. The overflow/drain fixtures (not sure what they are actually called) were in bad shape several years ago. So my husband just bought some replacements, not even thinking about matching metals or anything....

...and now we are trying to coordinate things again. Guess what? We can't find any replacement parts in the gold/brass anywhere! Not even online.

Not sure what to do. I'm leaning toward just going with chrome, since we were able to do some mixing with it elsewhere. But my husband is fussing over finding the right finish. ::sigh::

Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tomatoqueen:
We had the bathtub resurfaced today. It looks fantastic now!

The master bath is pretty much completed, with one exception. The overflow/drain fixtures (not sure what they are actually called) were in bad shape several years ago. So my husband just bought some replacements, not even thinking about matching metals or anything....

If you ever want them they are available online:

...and now we are trying to coordinate things again. Guess what? We can't find any replacement parts in the gold/brass anywhere! Not even online.

Not sure what to do. I'm leaning toward just going with chrome, since we were able to do some mixing with it elsewhere. But my husband is fussing over finding the right finish. ::sigh::

If you ever want them they are available online.

Here are two online links I found in two seconds.There are more sites that have them these too are just examples.
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/...drain-trim-kits.html

http://www.mainfaucet.com/king...e-polished-brass.htm

This picture is from the first link.

jpg

Posts: 2645 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
here is a picture of a brass overflow plate from the second link.

jpg

Posts: 2645 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I couldn't find it- but that's because I didn't know what to call it. I'll have to let my husband know... since he's the one who has been obsessing. :P

posted Hide Post
I love your corner vanity with STORAGE...will keep it in mind when we remodel...and the white looks great!

Posts: 738 | Location: Canada | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone said spa... and that is the feeling it evokes. You all did a really nice job. I'm betting there will be lots of compliments on it. Ya did good!

Becky

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kw2
posted Hide Post
Looks Great!

Posts: 4295 | Registered: Apr 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graciepj:
Nice job of refreshing the bath. It looks very clean and inviting. This is a little thing, but I think I would put the gold/yellow print in the middle.

That was MY first thought too! Better balance that way! Looks great!Smile

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7307 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well.... I had to take the pictures down as part of clearing out the room when I had the tub refinished. when I put them back up, I did put the yellow print in the middle.

All that is left is some accessorizing/staging. Hopefully we will have the house on the market next week.

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Your master bath turned out very nice. Love the updated look and the white. It looks so clean and fresh.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7301 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post