Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New place! Sign In/Join 
posted
Been busy with the move. Finally out of the old place and into the new place.

I only got two hours of sleep the day before I arrived (moving my daughter out of the old house, as well as cleaning and preparing it for the new owners) So my first day here was uneventful. I slept most of the day.

The truck will arrive in a few days. I have that long to try and decide how to arrange things, get a few walls painted, etc.

Meanwhile- I did notice something already that I need to fix. Maybe someone can help? The tack strips for the carpet stick through the carpeting. This is only an issue in doorways to the bathrooms, where we are usually barefoot.

Any ideas on how to solve that problem?

(pictures to come later)

Posts: 6101 | Registered: Jul 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
I had that once in a house I lived in, I walked around with a hammer, and then hit on the areas around the doorway. It is better than letting your bare feet find them!

Congrats on your MOVE! OH MY you are there for good now! What a blessing to have time to SLEEP before the movers arrive! I LOVE my quiet days to myself here in this house! Smile

Posts: 9525 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new house. I wish you many years of happiness in it.

How far did you move from your old house?
How far will you be from your daughter?

Take your time. Moving can be an exciting but also traumatic time. You have the rest of your life to get settled in and decide on what colors to pain where.

Posts: 1125 | Registered: Jan 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MR is right, take a hammer and beat those little suckers down. Good way to take out some of your frustration/aggression which moving certainly is!

Posts: 1922 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have transition strips?

Good luck as you continue moving, TQ.

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our bath has a metal strip that was folded over the tacks. Might be called transition strip as stated in a previous post.

Congratulations on the move. You have been awfully busy to get your dd's home and yours ready.

Please post photos as you make progress.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6166 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Transition strips are available in various materials, TQ, and are easy to install.

Did the sellers replace the unit's carpet prior to listing it? Sounds like they forgot the final step, i.e. replacing the transition strips.

Good Luck!

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post