Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Decorating around blue bathroom: Part 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decorating around blue bathroom: Part 2 Sign In/Join 
posted
Thanks everyone for the clever ideas on how to marry a blue bathroom with my daughters soon to be new bedroom. She is going with a orchid purple and orange scheme, with cream/white too.
Headboard is a creamy white. I've included some swatches of fabrics she likes, but have no idea where to use. Have had the hardest time finding things in this color scheme. Her headboard again is white fabric and I'm needing to figure out what color to paint the room. Was thinking of painting the wall where the headboard will go a contrasting color (orange or purple) and then a neutral on the other walls. Any suggestions ... would appreciate specific color names and brands so I can get this job done!! Thank you! Oh and I really want the space to be able to grow with her ... (she's 13) and to look a bit sophisticated rather than little girlish ... if you know what I mean. Thanks for all the great ideas I know will come!!!

Rina

Posts: 125 | Registered: Oct 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are pretty bold colors so if you are deciding to have one statement wall behind her white headboard, I suggest not going deep.
Here is a sample of a lovely light orange.
The rest of the walls can then be that creamy white to match the headboard.
Sounds lovely, crisp and cheerful.
She should love it.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/e...-color/orangesherbet

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Michelle_
posted Hide Post
Do you have a photo of the bathroom? Is it an ensuite bathroom? My boys have a blue bathroom but it's also the hall bath so it didn't matter trying to tie it in to the bedrooms. I do like the color swatches. Are you going to be making the curtains, bedding or are they swatches from already purchased items? I am no expert, but I found it difficult choosing colors then trying to find the curtains, throw pillows, area rug etc. to match. Although it's still difficult, I found finding a picture, bedspread or whatever to work off of is a little easier. If you have photos to share of the spaces you are working with, that may help too.

Posts: 504 | Location: NE PA | Registered: Jul 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Michelle_
posted Hide Post
Any pics yet Rina?

Posts: 504 | Location: NE PA | Registered: Jul 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
The neutral for the remaining walls can be found in the fabrics. Note the beige hues and match chips under the lighting conditions of her bedroom to the beige. The neutral walls will tone down all the bold colors present and make them pop. Use some white here and there for a crisp contrast too.

Posts: 18392 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rina, if you take your fabrics in to any reputable paint counter, they can color match your base color and accent(s). You'll also want to test a few shades/samples b/c of variations in each room's exposure/light.

Good Luck!

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post