Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been MIA Sign In/Join 
Picture of jackierenette
posted
I haven't been around since June and a little at beginning of July.I have truly missed reading posts on this board and the General gardening board too.These boards are special to me and so are many members.

If you remember that I was going on a trip to Disney and coming home & going to DH brothers beach house 2days after that.It all went wonderful and had a great time.I did miss the boards reading posts.While gone I knew my DM was getting worst and it was hard on me,feeling guilty vacationing.Leaving her & Dad.She was not able but you can not tell your DM no.Smile We had the best time looking at all the flowers & jewelry supplies and had a great meal together.We knew she pushed herself to the max,just riding in a wheel chair.Then on Mon.a trip to the hospital,where she was admitted.She stayed a week and she came home with hospice.Let me say,she came home perfect,except for kidney failure and she was getting up&down,eating,going to the bathroom and enjoying her family& friends.By the weekend,she was getting quieter and not eating/drinking.We had a very special day on Fri.,she had been wanting us 4 DD to go through her jewelry.So on the bed, we went through tons of jewelry and made her happy.By not fussing & fighting.LOL.It was a surprise we knew she was leaving us soon but a shock too,so fast.On early Sun.morning I had promised her I would be there early.I walked in just after she passed.DS#3 lives there helping take care of both parnets.I had been going out everyday,staying til 8pm helping to turn her,change her,ect.

We know she is happy where she is and at peace and so are we.I really have not broke down until typing this.I haven't had the time.This has been the 1st passing in our family in 31 years.Since DM Mother passed then.It is a fast paced, brain foggy experience to go through. I do not know how I have been making it this far.I do not remember some days and conversations I had or even eating.I even got up & made a speech at the service.A surprise to me and everyone there too.It was not planned,I was just lead to read a poem while listening to the 3 Preachers.I was sitting on the end of the pew looking at DM picture & her smiling at me.I kept saying why am I the baby DD sitting on the end of the pew.The shy,invert DD.LOL.Well not any more.LOL

This past weekend,I was the coordinator at DH youngest sis wedding.Just asked last Wed.,got there on Fri.and knew nothing of plans ect.& never been to church ect.Well it went off wonderful.I lost track at the reception when I sat down & ate.LOL.But it Sis was still very happy & pleased.

So home I am now and waiting on DD new baby#3 to be here any minute. He is early by 3 weeks.Smile So I gues it's true a passing,a wedding and a birth,all at the same time. I will be catching up on posts I missed.I just wanted to say I missed you all & posts and want you to know it.

Posts: 3010 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a whirlwind you have been through. I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through as we lost Dad a few years ago. You have the right perspective, knowing she is at peace and no longer suffering. How fortunate you have had two other blessed events to give you something joyous to focus on! Blessings to you and your family and congratulations on the upcoming arrival of a new grandbaby.

Posts: 514 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jackie for your post that lets us know so movingly what the past months have been in your life.

Your mother was very lucky (believe me!) in the wonderful daughters she had and she was preparing you all for your loss of her. the jewelry division was a wonderful idea and let you know that she recognized the drawing near of the end of her life. It also was a tangible representation of what she wanted to leave to all and each of you.

I'm glad you spoke at the funeral. Everyone there knowing you and your normal reticence would have known how much your mom was loved.

I know you wish that you had had more years with her but you lived close and that would make up for the lost time because you had so much more of her than many, while she was here.

Congratulations on the wedding and the pending birth. My DGS was born several months after my Mom's death and I have always thought of him as my gift in return for my loss.

Posts: 12491 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jackie I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

Congrats on the new baby and new beginnings.

Wanda

Posts: 4851 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
My condolences in your loss. Welcome back. Life is a roller coaster with it's mixes of losses and gains, ups and downs, joys and sorrows. The longer we are earth bound, the more challenges and victories we face. Through it all, we must not lose sight of two important facts that will sustain us...we are not alone and we are loved. If we hold onto our faith in Him, we will get through the toughest of times. Our faith will also remind us that our stay here is not the end and we will once again be reunited in a better place..a place that evokes a love and peace like none on this earth void of pain and other human woes. Allow yourself time to mourn, heel,accept and to focus on the joys of births, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and other milestones. Help others in need whenever you can. There is no greater joy in giving of self. Peace be with you. May you grow in strength daily through your faith surrounded by your loving family and friends.

Posts: 18648 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your lose but you were so lucky that you could spend time with her up to the end and that she knew you.

Time spent with your DH family came at the right time and now a new BABY. You will be busy which is a good thing.

My thoughts are with you.

Wanda

Posts: 1767 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Jackie,

May you be comforted during this time of your loss. Blessings to your family and the new little Baby. Take care of yourself and know we care.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9425 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
Hugs and THANK YOU all for the sweet comments.

It hasn't been to hard on us,we all knew what was coming.Not that we didn't love Moma.She would want us to be happy as to where she is.She still sends us little signs.It may sound weird but it is true.

Just spend all the time with your loved ones as possible,let then know how much they mean to you every day and always always hug them when you are around them.

Posts: 3010 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
Wow, you have certainly been through a lot.
My sympathy on your loss, but congratulations on the impending birth.
What a true example of the circle of life!
It is never easy to lose a loved one, but it sounds like a peaceful passing and you have your fai*th to sustain you!
T & P's for you and your family and enjoy your new DGS!!

Candy

Posts: 1296 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
what an awesome day you must have going thru the pretties and jewelry! bet there was laughing and that is what to remember...

my mother was only on hospice for 2 days. I think she was just waiting for solitude and no more pain...

thank you for sharing such loving personal information...welcome back...

Posts: 8518 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry Jackierenette. I have lost my own mother and so I know that particular kind of sorrow. It sounds like you and your family made your mother's passing a beautiful loving time for her. And now a new life coming into your family - what joy that will bring! Glad you are back.

Posts: 7157 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Jackierenette, sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is NOT an easy thing. Rallying the troops around to build up was certainly the thing to do for all.

Then, you continued on with the joyous occasions : weddings and awaiting babies births. Our lives are a jumble of many experiences. A dear friend of mine has said that life is like a tapestry, we experience all the knots, and see extra thread here and there, but the beauty of the tapestry is seen by Him.

Your ability to share with us....a gift. Thank you.

Ts and Ps for you and your family.

Posts: 5136 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I truly believe she is sending you signs and these should bring you peace. Though she is in spirit, she'll continue to watch over her loved ones.

I felt the same when I recently found myself the victim of an auto accident which could have been much worse. I knew the L@rd and my beloved brother both had a hand in protecting all parties involved. Stay connected with your mom as she will with you. Continued blessings for you and your family.

Posts: 18648 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
You know, I'm not particularly r eligious and I usually don't believe in the after life, but I gave my mother a pointsettia last December, she died four days before Christmas and now I have it in my living room and it's still blooming!!

Wanda

Posts: 4851 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read about your great loss. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7374 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
Its always good to see you Jackie and I thank you for including us in your life, the difficult and the wonderful.. I am so sorry for your loss and so happy for your blessings..

visit as often as you can. you are always missed..
hugs
Sonny

to see my projects view my Blog.
http://155dreamlane.blogspot.com/

Posts: 9984 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Jackie, thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. What a wonderful gift of time you were fortunate to be able to spend with her. I do not fine it weird at all that you feel she is still with you. She is, simply in another form. Hugs to you.

Maine Lady

Posts: 5730 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kw2
posted Hide Post
Jackie

I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. Hugs to you,
Kelly

Posts: 4297 | Registered: Apr 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just josie
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry.

I truly believe that nothing is more life changing than a woman losing her mother. It is a profoundly sad time in your life. I also think that the grief comes in waves, right now you're just starting to go through the motions and when you least expect it, the wave of grief will come out of nowhere and kick you in the gut....big time.

Be prepared and give yourself time to deal with it when it does.

I lost my mom 20 years ago, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her....

take care of yourself.

j

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Apr 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Jackie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know I care and anytime you want to talk I am here. I wondered where you had been. Be blessed with the new wee one.

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post