Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  WHOO HOO...TP HOLDER finally up!!!...PIC's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHOO HOO...TP HOLDER finally up!!!...PIC's Sign In/Join 
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted
YES,,,,I still haven't put up the toilet paper holder or a towel bar/towel ring or whatever...

I am 100% on the TP holder going on the side of the vanity. My goal is to have that done in the next 2 days.

I still don't have a clear placement of where the hand towel will go.

I like this idea, tell me what you think. Using a drawer pull long enough and deep enough to told a hand towel in half and slide though but mounted to the front of the vanity.

Do you think I'm just going to end up with a bunch of water drips on the floor front of the vanity if I do this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Always1StepBehind,

Posts: 9632 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My other option is on the wall here by the mirror somewhere...but I can't a spot that seems right..

I don't like that the towel rings add so much more draping length of the hand towel. I need to find one that is a half ring, with a flat bottom.

Posts: 9632 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about affixing a small hook on the side of your vanity near the toilet and hanging it there? They have those strip and press types so you don't have to make any holes.

Posts: 1701 | Registered: Sep 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonnaDGO
posted Hide Post
How about just using one of those small standing towel rings sitting on the sink?

Posts: 1195 | Location: GA | Registered: Jun 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonnaDGO:
How about just using one of those small standing towel rings sitting on the sink?

I am trying to keep the counter top to a hand soap and one decorative item in the corner on the left.

I like the towel draped over the edge like pictured, but I'd have to "train" my kids to keep it that way...good luck right!!

I don't mind the hook idea but maybe not right next to the toilet..and that would be sorta ackward to have to reach down and around to the side to dry your hands.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Is there room on the wall next to the medicine cabinet, by your door, if that is where your door is?? That is where mine in hung. I have a cute Little hook hanging there for the towel, it's the perfect spot for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lilsophie,

Posts: 4752 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilsophie:
Is there room on the wall next to the medicine cabinet, by your door, if that is where your door is?? That is where mine in hung. I have a cute Little hook hanging there for the towel, it's the perfect spot for me.

That is where I plan to put something decorative...either a chunky candle, a glass container or lantern with something decorative inside. Unless I put the soap pump on the left of the faucet and something decorative on the right of the faucet, then I could hang the towel in that corner.

You think it would matter if the towel hung OVER that outlet? Or would that be a fire hazard possibly??

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Let me get a pic for you, hold on lol

Posts: 4752 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Here you go, hope it's a good pic. You never know with me lol
My medicine cabinet is right next to the towel. And my door is to the left of the towel.
Bathroom is small, hard to get good pics in there. My sink cabinet is right there in that corner.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Sophie. What a cute hand towel.

Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I like what lilsophie did!

I would suggest just draping it -- I don't like the ring on the front of the vanity (it's such a beautifully vanity that I would hate to hide it) -- try to teach your kids to put it back but if they don't, you can always straighten it up when you have company.

Martha

Posts: 6067 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linderhof:
I like what lilsophie did!

I would suggest just draping it -- I don't like the ring on the front of the vanity (it's such a beautifully vanity that I would hate to hide it) -- try to teach your kids to put it back but if they don't, you can always straighten it up when you have company.

Martha

I'll check out the wall space again tonight..

I wasn't thinking of a towel ring on the front of the vanity, but a long drawer pull...

something like this, but wide enough for a hand towel.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't screw anything on the front of your vanity. It's too pretty Smile
Your bathroom is lookin great, it's really cute Smile

Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Always -- that might work -- I would check out how far it sticks out -- you don't want to be bumping it every time you go in and out!

Martha

Posts: 6067 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always keep the towel folded on the side of the sink. I never thought to hang it up.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
What is to the left of the medicine cabinet? I think I might have the same bathroom as you and I have a ring on that wall. Would that work?

Posts: 10511 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
how about a towel ring to the right of the sink?

Wanda

Posts: 4866 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyler:
What is to the left of the medicine cabinet? I think I might have the same bathroom as you and I have a ring on that wall. Would that work?

The door is right next to the medicine cabinet, like Lilsophies that she posted a pic of, but have less than an inch of wall space. So not enough wall space to attach anything.

Wanda, that is probably the only wall space for me to consider besides over by the outlet which I'm trying to avoid.

Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
Is this a 'guest' bath? If so, you could consider using decorative 'paper' guest towels that Hallmark, etc. sells. Not eco friendly perhaps..... but just another point of view Wink

Posts: 2877 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CJO:
Is this a 'guest' bath? If so, you could consider using decorative 'paper' guest towels that Hallmark, etc. sells. Not eco friendly perhaps..... but just another point of view Wink

CJO- this is our ONE and ONLY bathroom. I live in a condo.

I still haven't done anything with that screw..I meant to ask my FIL to borrow larger flat head screwdriver but forget when I was over there. I do have a vice-grip which I will need to get that out. I can't wait to finally have that TP holder up.

posted Hide Post
Well thinking I'd use the vice-grip to take out the screw...I actually was able to get it in a little bit more, then little by little use a flat head to get it closer then used the 2 screws that came with the holder in the slots above and below the middle one and got the bracket nice and tight.

I actually put the holder "up side down", the little tiny screw for getting it to grip on the bracket is supposed to be on the bottom where you don't see it, but I couldn't get it to tight enough on the bracket so I flipped it...

I actually like the TP holder with the opening to slide the roll on towards the wall.

I probably should have attached it a little more to the right, but there's no moving it now!!

posted Hide Post
Overall view of bathroom currently. That wood tray on the back of the toilet is just a place-holder as is the small candle holder on the left of the faucet.

I still need to find a basket for under the vanity and figure out what I want to do about the hand towel and where and what to hang it with.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Looks Great. WooHoo

Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Looking good

Martha

posted Hide Post
Thank you. It's funny how one little thing like that can make it feel so much more complete.