Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Monday Morning Finds 8/11 (filling in for Skyler)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monday Morning Finds 8/11 (filling in for Skyler) Sign In/Join 
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted
Filling in for Skyler along with Beau's Rose and Strings temporarily until she gets back from vacaion. This MMF's thread does so much more for our community here than just show our 'finds', it also lets us gather for such a positive activity. We share our treasures and also share in the excitement of what other friends have found.

If you didn't find anything this week, that is OK, You can also post something you found some time back and think it was such a great find, that you want to share how you used it!

Please share pictures or just tell us about any great treasures you've found. We always love to hear prices too!

Let's start sharing... (edited & final list)
Aug 18th Strings
Aug 25th Mary Ruth
Sept 1st Strings
Sept 8 Beau's Rose
Sept 15 Beau's Rose

Sept 22 Skyler returns fresh from vacation! Miss her already!

Thank you so much Beau's Rose and Strings! What a great experience it is to work with you gals on keeping this wonderful thread that Skyler started and maintains for us! She deserves a vacation! Smile

Beau's Rose and Strings, let me know if you sweet ladies need me to cover if life gets in the way of our schedule! Smile
_

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

Posts: 9805 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mary Ruth,
Thank you for filling in for Skyler, I look forward to Monday Morning Finds, each week.
I went to a church thrift show, and found a nice crystal blue bowl. The color was so pretty, I put it into a cabinet that I have some carnival glass, that I started to collect.
I also found some old plastic canvas magazines that were like brand new. There are some cute things in the magazine that I could make for a craft show.
I am looking forward to everyone's finds this week.

Posts: 309 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for starting the thread, Mary Ruth. I have nothing to share today as my decor budget is being applied to repainting the bedroom. All the bedding, the mattress and box springs are piled up in the living room.

Posts: 2001 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Thanks for filling in! Hope she has a wonderful time!

My budget is tight too as we got our quote on the bathrooms. We had to make big decisions, but will move forward on the master in the coming weeks.

I did manage to score a Nordic ware bundt pan "fiesta" pattern. 5 bucks! Can't beat that!

Posts: 3400 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Looks like some of us are all in the same boat! My ** budget going for medical as always... LOL (not really funny with 5 yrs of doing this)

5 Bells,
I wish you could post photos of your GREAT Finds... but I understand it is not convenient for everyone.

I don't remember plastic canvas magazines!
Thanks for posting about your finds!

Gracie,
OH MY your house sounds like mine right now, we have things moved around too for room to work on something in a guest room. What a mess it can make of our peaceful homes!

junk collector,
I hear you on those 'quotes' they are scary and only feel better when they are just a memory!

What??? Nordic ware bundt for ONLY $5, no can't beat that! Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 9805 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a couple of little bitties...I wasn't going to bother, but since there's not much traffic today...

I made a Goodwill stop, just passing time. I got these two items for $1.99 each. The blue & white jar is marked "Royal Delft." I thought I might could use the cache pot for fall decor.

ETA: To clarify, I meant I wasn't going to bother to post them, but I did since there wasn't much traffic on the thread...in re-reading, it looks like I meant I wasn't going to bother to shop but did since there wasn't much (auto) traffic Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nitalynn,

Posts: 4137 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ruth: What??? Nordic ware bundt for ONLY $5, no can't beat that! Thanks for sharing!

I have several expensive Nordic Ware pieces - all thrift store, all 5-8 dollars. Keep your eyes peeled - you'll find it Wink

nice finds everyone! darn those pesky budgets...

Posts: 3400 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Nitalyn -- love your two "treasures"!

Martha

Posts: 6204 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Nitalynn,
Ooh love that jar! You collect some real pretty blue and whites!

Only $1.19 each, Royal Delft no doubt! OOH and that pot is beautiful with the birds, LOVE that! SCORE!

junk collector,
I have two Nordic Ware baking pans for my scones, One I found on Amazon for $20 on a sale! The other was from last year at full price, close to $30. You really did score well!

Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
JC, The Nordic ware bundt pan for $5 was a super deal.

NitaLynn, what a pretty little jar and the cache pot will be perfect for fall décor.

I found an outdoor thermometer at Hob. Lob, 90% off = $3.99.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also found a lamp at the thrift store for $5.99 with shade.

Also a $5.99 find was a metal terrarium?

All of the above are for my outdoor "living room" I have the Ficks Reed sofa out there that I bought last winter, and it is the most pleasant spot!! I spent the afternoon out there with the fan on reading a book. Even though the thermometer said 95 it was very comfortable.
I had my fountain turned on and the water trickling with the shade from the gazebo... just a little slice of heaven!!

I also found a paint brush at GdWl for .85!
Although the handle has some paint on it, the bristles are super clean. A brush like this brand new is about $15 or $16!!!

I have been very busy helping oldest DD get her classroom decorated as she had her first day of school today with students!! It seems like it gets earlier and earlier every year!

Thanks Mary Ruth for filling in!
Candy

Posts: 1317 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Mary Ann, thank you for hosting MMF this week.

I recently purchased these lamps at a local fabric store. I am working in my guest bedroom and hope to use them. Absolutely couldn't pass them up for $25. I love the lampshades with the birds and musical notations on them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgia Peach,

Posts: 2279 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Christmas Candy,
What a wonderfully colorful thermometer! Never saw anything like it! 90% off is such a great deal!

Isn't it really 2 GREAT finds when you get the lamp AND the pretty shade? How sweet! I like the gold trim.

That 'out door' living room sure does sound like a piece of heaven and the trickling water, that adds so much! The meta-work terrarium is darling! GOOD for you to take time out to appreciate your leisure time! So important to our health and well being to take time out and enjoy life!

YES, paint brushes cost a LOT, that was a great find for only $.85! Those brushes really give you control with edges when you paint, that was a STEAL!

Georgia Peach,
I get called Mary Ann a lot, no harm done... must be the double name... ! I know you meant me! Smile Can't wait to see how that guest room comes out! Those lamps are wonderful! $25 for both was a STEAL! Those lampshades are priceless, absolutely LOVE them Great find!
I like how they tie in with your furniture!
_

posted Hide Post
Mary Ruth, I'm sorry to hear that your medical issues are continuing.

Nitalynn, I love that cachepot with the birds...just darling.

Candy, you remain the undisputed queen of finding bargains.

Georgia Peach, You gave Candy a run for her money this week as those lamps are a real steal! Good find.

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for another Great MMF' S !!!

Thanks Gracie! I continue to improve!

The thread is still 'open' till Sunday night. So if anyone wanted to post a current new find, OR post an older find again, or show a photo of how you have used or displayed finds from the past, the opportunity is there to do so. So, I will check this thread Sunday night to make sure all posts were seen and replied to.

Sometimes I find something on Friday, or Saturday and be on pins & needles with excitement to post on Monday and show you all! I couldn't' t wait for all of you to see my find (treasure)!

Hope you all have a GREAT day, and that there is some treasure waiting just for you to find it in your immediate future!
_

Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ruth:

Georgia Peach,
I get called Mary Ann a lot, no harm done... must be the double name... ! I know you meant me! Smile Can't wait to see how that guest room comes out! Those lamps are wonderful! $25 for both was a STEAL! Those lampshades are priceless, absolutely LOVE them Great find!
I like how they tie in with your furniture!

_

Mary Ruth, please accept my apology for trying to rename you Smile This is the 2nd time I've called you by the wrong name. Thanks for hosting this wonderful thread!

Posts: 2279 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Georgia Peach, no harm done, if you do it again, I will assume that is your pet name for me! Smile

posted Hide Post
I stopped at HomeGoods yesterday because I wanted to see what they were putting out for autumn. They had mostly Halloween items and glass pumpkins which I don't need, but they happened to have four tortoiseshell goblets.

I have been thinking about adding some tortoiseshell goblets to my tableware inventory because they look interesting with autumn colors and settings. However, I wasn't willing to pay Horchow or even Pier 1 prices for such an unneeded item. These were just the right price at $5.99 per glass.

On my way home from running errands, I passed by a TJMaxx and thought I would run it to see if they had anything different from the HomeGoods location. Lo and behold, they had four more of the goblets! I scooped them right up and now can set a table for eight with them. I love serendipity!

I don't have a picture, but if you look on the Pier 1 web site, they look just like those.

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Gracie!!!
SCORE! Yes, I love it when something like this happens! I am happy for you, I also wanted goblets like that too, I will check out my area.
_

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ruth:
Gracie!!!
SCORE! Yes, I love it when something like this happens! I am happy for you, I also wanted goblets like that too, I will check out my area.
_

Good luck with the hunt! I wish my HomeGoods were closer so I could stop in more often, but my budget is happy that it's far away. Big Grin