Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

christmas photo Sign In/Join 
Picture of homebody4
posted
My little village this year.

Posts: 1494 | Location: united states | Registered: May 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Michelle_
posted Hide Post
So pretty. My dad use to make those little houses for under the tree.

Posts: 512 | Location: NE PA | Registered: Jul 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of my2gals
posted Hide Post
Very sweet. Smile

Posts: 903 | Registered: Nov 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
It's charming! What is the snow?

Posts: 13005 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love your little village, especially Santa and the reindeer.

Posts: 4086 | Location: Boothwyn, PA | Registered: Aug 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just started a little putz village this year and yours is wonderful! I really want that Santa and reindeer, I'm so jealous! Enjoy!

Posts: 1993 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of homebody4
posted Hide Post
Lady of shallot-the snow is just a package of that fake snowflake stuff from Michaels. It is layered over a snow blanket. Keeps faling on the floor and is messy, sp have to clean it up every day, as the dogs run by there, but it is pretty and only one time a year...
These little houses are real vintage. they are from the 1940's and were my mothers. They had been packed away for a long time, so that is why they are in such good condition.

The little sleigh and reindeer is also old-from somewhere in the 1960's I think.

Posts: 1494 | Location: united states | Registered: May 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
How cute! I remember having those little houses when I was a child. Love vintage Christmas stuff!

Posts: 7262 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The little sleigh and reindeer is also old-from somewhere in the 1960's I think.[/QUOTE]

Oh, dear, if the 1960's is OLD, I must be ancient!

Posts: 1993 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
What lovely holiday heirlooms you have! Your display is charming.

I am circa 1960...... How did time pass so quickly?!

Maine Lady

Posts: 5751 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post