Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Monday Morning Finds 6/24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monday Morning Finds 6/24 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted
Good Morning!

Time to share those special finds with us. It's always fun to hear about the hunt for them also. Remember your finds can be old or new.

Please Share!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9324 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Thanks Beau's Rose.

I have two shares today. First is this porch setup.

the chairs, the cushions and the plant pot are all courtesy of our swap shop.

I have had the chairs for years but just painted them with "mistake" paint I bought for $5 at the Benj. Moore paint store. It is a denim blue.

The pillows were hand made gifts. One from a friend and one from a niece.

the cushions still had the tags on them. The pot I painted cause I did not like the color. It too had the price tag ($29.99) I love things that have lion paws.

Posts: 12145 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
This may be a giving away (selling) rather than acquiring grouping.

I did get the umbrella stand the other day. It was on the stone pile at the transfer station. It was in about 5 pieces but DH likes to re-glue things so he took care of it immediately.

It had a price tag of $49.99 on the bottom, think it is probably from a store like Marshall's or Home Goods.

Posts: 12145 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
I finally have something to share...actually 2.

I picked this up for $5. at a yard sale. I liked the bright colors.

Posts: 9427 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also bought this shower curtain at Ross for $10. I am normally not a blue person, but lately I find that I am really drawn to blue.

I have a hard time with prints in my tiny bathroom but I think this works because its a smaller all over print and the colors aren't blaring in your face...

Posts: 9427 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I more thing. I also bought this Laura Ashley Lydia quilt at Ross.

It was regularly $50. for the quilt set, but since it was missing the shams I got if for half price.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Beau's Rose, for getting the thread started this morning.

Lady of Shallot, your porch looks so inviting and fresh with the blue and white decor...nice bargains that you found.

Always1StepBehind, I like those types of wall hangings and at that price, you can change it out seasonally if you would like. The shower curtain looks like it plays quite nicely with your paint color and the quilt is fresh and feminine looking. I often use quilts as tablecloths. The padding helps to protect my table top and I often like the prints better than any tablecloths I can find.

Posts: 1725 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emily - I LOVE both your porch set and your blueware set! Always - you got some good finds!

I don't mean to keep going on about my old house, but Mary Ruth had suggested I post it on MMF and I figured what the heck; she's right, you don't find a house on craigslist for $5,000 every day. So here's my FIND of a lifetime - a 1915 Craftsman for $5K (house only, no land).

Posts: 4021 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graciepj...that's funny because I usually see table clothes that I could see as curtains for the same reason, like the prints.

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everyone for a great start for the MMF thread.

Skyler, I hope you are having a wonderful vacation this week. Enjoy and relax!

Lady, Those chairs look perfect on your porch. You have quite the finds and even the broken ones find a great home. Your DH must have lots of patience to put it all back together.

Always, Your new pic is a great reminder to Dream! The shower curtain works well with the bath colors and coordinates with lots of accessories. I've often thought shower curtains would be fun to use on a screen patio too. You can use other shams with that quilt at that price. Have fun!

Gracie, You are welcome! Happy to help out this week. Yes, the quilts do work as table cloths. Have you seen the pricey ones at WS?

Nitalynn, It's exciting to hear of your new adventure in life. Glad you are realizing your dreams too. That is quite the FIND!

Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
Wow, great finds! Especially Nitalynn's house!

My find: I stopped by a thrift shop on my way home the other day just for fun. I was looking for some wooden blocks for my grandchildren to play with. Sure enough, I found wooden blocks. Isn't it amazing how often that happens in thrift shops?!

Posts: 7076 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Los, love the blue things on your porch. Looks so soothing and serene. Ice tea please!

The blue dishes are lovely as always. You find the neatest thing. Is that a table cloth in the back ground.

Always, cute picture and looks perfect there.
The shower curtain is so soft and pretty. Love it. I have always loved blue, but teal/aqua is my new blue!
The comforter is lovely. Not much prettier than roses.

Nita~ that is an awesome house and I can't wait to watch you re-do it. Can you show us some pictures of the inside?

Cocock, love those blocks. I can see towers being built now!

Beau's Rose, nice job starting the thread. Thanks

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
And now I have two finds...

This is a wreath I made. Beachy and summery.

Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
And now, the wreath I bought at Hobby Lobby I think it was 66% off. It is made to look like drift wood, but don't think it is really driftwood. But I love it..

posted Hide Post
Blocks are a good find, Cocok - and Cara, those are two cute little wreaths!

Cara - I'm not sure if I'm going to clog up the board with a lot of interior pictures of the house, but I just posted some today on my blog. Remember - it's a hot mess right now! You have to have the vision Wink

Posts: 4021 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Nitalynn, can I have the link to your blog please.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Great week for finds. You all did fabulous.

Always I have that Painting. It's hanging in my backyard on my patio. It's perfect for my backyard. I just love it. You got a FABULOUS price...$5 buck in unreal. I bought mine at World Market, and let me tell you it wasn't cheap.

Posts: 4583 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Thanks Beau's Rose for starting the thread this week!

I have two (more) critters to share. This time it is hedgehogs Smile Thought they were just too cute for my back flower bed, so they sit back there with the salvia and rosemary.

Posts: 2960 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure, Cara Rose. I thought you might have gotten it from my other thread. http://mydreamhousedoesntexist.blogspot.com/

Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Junk collector, I love love love your little hedge hogs. Too cute.

Thanks Nita, no I guess I didn't see it there. Duh to me.

Picture of MyLifeVacation1
posted Hide Post
I forgot today was Monday. Thanks Beau.

I am loving the house. What an adventure!

Continuing saga: stray dropped off another present (7 now). I spied him looking at me through the picket fence last week. I had been photographing my garden so had the camera with me. I started talking to him, he listened for awhile, then backed up about 10 feet, sat down, and continued listening to me talk, cocking his ears and tilting his head like he actually understood what I was saying to him. He still bolts if he thinks I'm getting too close.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MyLifeVacation1,

Posts: 967 | Registered: Oct 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
lady of shallot,
I love your FINDS and that color of the chairs! Waht a great set up on the porch with what looks like a whole NEW arrangement! LOVE the pillows!

I love all the blue ware, nice set up.

Always1StepBehind,
$5 is GREAT for that painting! Very NICE find and GREAT price!!! That is a pretty shower curtain!
I too am drawn to blue lately, especially since blue is so much prettier here in Florida, it has more 'pop'. Well, it does for me now that my Cataracts have been taken care of! LOL

I love that Laura Ashley quilt, I have always loved that style and the colors. I went to the store many years ago in London... and just stood in the shop looking at all the great fabrics! I was in heaven for a bit!

Nitalyn,
YES, you do NOT find a $5,000 house every day and certainly NOT a GREAT one like you found!
LOVE IT!!! That has to be the BEST EVER find on MMF's (except for all the great grandbabies we have had posted of course) I will check the BLOG for photos... and remember...!!! PICTURES DO NOT CLOG THE BOARD!!! LOL we love photos so just start a thread and post away! I know I will watch for more news and check your blog.

Edited to add:
Just went to view photos! I would have fallen for that house too! 9' ceilings!!! WOW I am impressed with the trim too! Smile

cocok,
I LOVE Serendipitous finds! And they are a perfect fit for what you were looking for! It is like putting in a mental 'order out to the universe' then going out to pick it up! Smile

CaraRose,
LOVE the wreath! YOu did a great job on it!
The driftwood wreath is cute too, that is a great sale!

junk collector,
Love your new critters! So cute!

MyLifeVacation,
AW... he has been alone for some time if he runs away... might be safer if you do.. 7 toys? WOW, wonder if you should call the newspaper in your area, they might have a reporter who might want to do a story on the dog and the mystery of the toys.. sounds like a good human interest story!
The mystery might get solved..

Beau's Rose,
Thank you so much for doing this week's MMF's thread for Skyler, I just love all the FINDS and stories! Makes my week!

Skyler if you are reading... Hope you are having a GREAT time!

AS for ME:
I have been baking and cooking for 6 days now... I am LOVING the scents in my house! The kitchen is so busy right now.. and I am just enjoying being able to COOK! I have made my DH and some neighbors very happy with food gifts... and yesterday got taken out to lunch for my efforts!

Tomorrow I will make some baked oatmeal and a few more things.. the freezer is stocked with some goodies!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

Posts: 9527 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Good Morning,

Cocok, Those blocks are such creative fun and meant to be yours. Isn't it fun to play with the grandkids too?

Cara, Pretty wreaths and they fit right in with the beachy theme. Great deal on the HL one too.

JC, Those little guys are adorable! Did you name them too? Imagine the surprise finding them peeking out behind the flowers!

My Life, Oh he is a handsome fellow and looks so smart. Too funny that he is sharing his toys with you. Enjoy the mystery!

Mary Ruth, It's nice to know you are able to enjoy your kitchen again. Those goodies sound delicious.

Thanks again Everyone for sharing!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ruth:

MyLifeVacation,
AW... he has been alone for some time if he runs away... might be safer if you do.. 7 toys? WOW, wonder if you should call the newspaper in your area, they might have a reporter who might want to do a story on the dog and the mystery of the toys.. sounds like a good human interest story!
The mystery might get solved..

MR, I agree it would make a great human (doggie?) interest story but that would probably result in the dog warden hunting him. The pound in my county is a KILL facility and do not have a rehab program, so if they got him, he would not be adoptable. I feel he is not a threat to humans since he is so shy and bolts quickly and he has been doing OK for at least 6 months. So, right or wrong, I will just let well enough alone.

posted Hide Post
MLV - your story has been just breaking my heart. Poor guy knows humans but only enough to fear them...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beau's Rose: JC, Those little guys are adorable! Did you name them too? Imagine the surprise finding them peeking out behind the flowers!

Years ago, I had the pleasure of hedge-hog sitting for a co-worker. Anytime the family went on vacation, she would bring her son's hedge-hog over to my apartment. I had sooooooo much fun watching the little guy! Terribly cute little critters! I would love one, but I don't think DH is on board with that!

posted Hide Post
Nitalynn--ohh that front porch is to die for.

mylifevacation1- feel sorry for the dog, do you leave his toys out so he can play with them? do you feed him?

Wanda

Posts: 1727 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gmvj:
mylifevacation1- feel sorry for the dog, do you leave his toys out so he can play with them? do you feed him?

Wanda

Hi Wanda. Yes his collection is out back under a tree. And no -- I don't feed him -- at least not on a regular basis. I do not want him to become dependent on me for food. I leave scraps whenever I have them, at different spots on the property, so he will think it is a happy accident when he discovers it. He is doing fine. Either other folks leave food out for him or he catches some of the many, many squirrels, rabbits, woodchucks and possums that seem to have taken over this part of our little town. (although he could be doing a better job on my little piece of property. I just relocated my second baby possum this morning -- silly little things are eating my asters and coneflowers!).