Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Help with Window Shades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Window Shades Sign In/Join 
posted
I recently moved into a house that has large roll up window shades in the sun room. I cannot find a pull cord, so I'm not sure how to get them to go up and down. They have a mess of string on each side which is wrapped around a roll at the bottom. Any ideas?

They look like the Style Selections 72" x 72" White Light Filtering Roll-Up Shade from Lowe's for $15.96.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you post a picture so that we might be able to help you?

Posts: 1721 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I know what you are saying.....I have a white bambooy looking one that has a pull string and then two strings around the bottom of the shade. You raise it or lower it with the pull chain on the side and then when you have it where you want it, you wrap the pull string around a little bracket attached to the side window casing. Sounds to me like the "mess" of strings (cords) on both sides have gotten pulled wrong....or maybe since it is a big shade, maybe it has two pull cords. I would check with Lowes and see what the pull cords look like on theirs.

love life

Posts: 1422 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
do you have any children in home or visitors? just be extra careful with any cords...

Posts: 8479 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could provide you with a better advice if you provide a picture of the window shades.

----

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post