Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Monday Morning Finds 4/8/13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monday Morning Finds 4/8/13 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Skyler
posted
Good Morning everyone. Another Monday has arrived so let's get busy Smile

Please share pictures or just tell us about any new and/or favorite goodies you've uncovered. Items may be old or new.

Looking forward to seeing all your treasures!

Posts: 10407 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally can post something. Found this cute little cup and saucer planter on clearance at our Menards for $9. A 6-pack of pansies filled it out.

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Happy MMF's EVERYONE!

nance,
Oh how cute! What a nice spring smile that brings!

As for ME:
Not much new for photos, we have cut the materials to make the drawer units for our master closet. ALREADY feeling the effects of the new shelving and clean out! I even love looking in the closet! LOL

I could say I FOUND MORE SPACE, and more went to the thrift store this weekend! The closet feels so large with 'nothing' on the floor! LOL

Will look in here to see what others post!

Thank you Skyer for your GREAT positive thread that I enjoy each week! You are such a wonderful lady for helping to start EACH week with such a positive thread and give the new week a great start!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

Posts: 9544 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I did get to go antiquing and found a find and then I went to the garden center and found another find (along with some pansies) --

The flea market find -- an English match striker (the one on the left) -- the one on the right is one that I bought in England for 30 or 35 POUNDS -- I paid $12 for the one last week . . . it was mislabeled as an "ink well" -- which is why we all junk isn't it -- for those true treasures that we find really cheap because the person selling them didn't know what they had!!!!

As I like to say: SCORE!

Martha

Posts: 5468 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
And the little statue in the middle of my wreath was in the mark down section of one of my favorite garden centers -- from $50 to $20 but he is chipped but I never mind that with concrete for it makes them looked aged rather than perfect! I also picked up the plants and planted the wreath yesterday. I've had the form for 16 years and plant it every spring with pansies -- sometimes I plant it in the summer but not always -- it's a demanding wreath for it needs lots of water and our summers are often so dry that even daily watering is not enough for the plants.

Martha

Posts: 5468 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite thread. Thank Skyler for starting every week.

Nance425, your pretty planter brough a smile to my face too.

Mary Ruth, I will now have closet envy as well as kitchen evnvy with the projects that you and your dh accomplish.

Martha, I wouldn't know what they were either. You find some very interesting things. Your knowledge about antiques is amazing. Love your wreath is so pretty. Finally looking like spring here after a snow last week that was very unexpected. I should have picked up a few pansies when I saw them the other day.

I found this plate at a favorite shop. It was not a bargain, but I wanted it. Thought it would be good to replace the bunny one.

Hope the photo works.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6203 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
Such cute finds everyone!!

My find this weekend was "garage floor space". I cleared out a big old cabinet I had in my garage and got rid of the cabinet on craigslist for free!!

Posts: 9442 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Linderhof,
I have come across some of those containers for matches (in New England many moons ago) and since I don't use matches, I admired and moved on. Love the ones you have and you got a DEAL!

Love the wreath around the little statue! Nice to see it 'wake up' isn't it? I had hayracks planted in my yard in Virginia, and I would water twice a day and still sometimes it dried out.

Strings,
I couldn't WAIT for our closet project! Smile Really makes packing it (with only necessary items) seem like FUN! Oh wait, it was FUN!

I like the small floral plate!

Always1StepBehind,
Shhhhh! Whispering... you and I got the BEST deals because we FOUND MORE SPACE in our homes! Cool isn't it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

shh smiley

Posts: 9544 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa Ann
posted Hide Post
I bought these 3 things on our local fb yard sale page. The picture was $25.00. It is a 30"x40" so it is big. It is going in my bedroom. The quilt is a Christmas quilt that is new $20.00. It is a queen/king size. The shelf is the top of one. I got it for an idea which didn't work but I'm going to add a shelf and feet, paint it and put it on my porch for display. I paid $10.00 for it. It is solid so will weather okay on the porch.

I am what I am because He is I AM!!!

Posts: 5708 | Registered: Jun 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nance425, that cup is adorable. I love it planted with flowers.

Mary Ruth and Always1StepBehind, sometimes space is the greatest find ever. I'm determined to clear out some closets this year.

Martha, good score on the match striker and your pansies are very pretty surrounding the statue.

Strings, I like the soft colors of the plate you found. Sometimes the perfect thing isn't a bargain, but we love it too much to pass it by.

Lisa Ann, I'm sure your picture, quilt and shelf will add charm and warmth to your decor. I look forward to seeing the shelf after you transform it.

I added a lantern to my bathroom for spring/summer. Sorry the picture is so fuzzy.

Posts: 1739 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Love seeing everyone finds!

So many Spring time finds. Saw these little chairs and they just had to go in my front garden bed.

Wish I had some little g-babies to share them.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

pic

Posts: 9359 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Nance - nice cup and pansies are always perfect in anything!!!!

Strings -- what a great dish -- I love the color!

Lisa Ann -- you hit the JACKPOT!!! Love the picture and the quilt (looks like it's handmade?) and the shelf will be great whatever you do with it!

Gracie -- the lantern is adorable but them I'm a sucker for anything with birds on them!

Martha

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linderhof:
I'm a sucker for anything with birds on them!

Martha

Martha, I've been really enjoying the current decor trend that features birds. I hope it lasts a few more years.

Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Terrific finds this week!

Nance, what an adorable idea. The pansies look so happy in there.

Mary Ruth, what a sweet comment, thank you Smile

Nice finds Martha! You're so correct that you can find some real treasures if the seller doesn't know what they have.

Thank you Strings, I'm glad you enjoy MMF. Very pretty plate and perfect for Spring. Pink and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations.

Good for you Always! Sounds like Spring cleaning at your house.

Lisa Ann, you got some great treasures. I especially like your cabinet.

Gracie, great looking lantern. Of course, I love anything with birds on it.

Hi there Beau's Rose! Your chairs are perfect there. You all are getting me excited for summer.

Posts: 10407 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Lisa Ann,
Nice pic and so large! Well done and a great price! What a STEAL on that quilt! You know how much work goes into making one, so you can spot a great deal when you see one!

That cabinet looks like it will hold stuff and also hold storage of items you don't want to show...

Gracie,
I LOVE lanterns and am fighting the urge to start collecting them! lol AND the BIRD is a great addition to the style of the lantern.
You have a PM from me...

Beau's Rose,
Love the little chairs! I love juvenile furniture and find it so special in a space!

Skyler Smile

Picture of LibraDesignEye
posted Hide Post
Kitchen coming back together. Will post on other forum for living room input but pretty thrilled to find drywall back up, texture and paint underway.

Posts: 2032 | Registered: Apr 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LibraDesignEye:
Kitchen coming back together. Will post on other forum for living room input but pretty thrilled to find drywall back up, texture and paint underway.

Wow, LibraDesignEye, you are going to have some mega reveals for us soon, aren't you?

Cute little chairs, Beau's Rose.

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
LibraDesignEye,
OH MY you really are going to have a NEW kitchen! Can't wait to see the REVEAL!
Smile